WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

Wingnut Wings WNW Roland C.IIa "White 2", Schusta 6

(1/24) > >>

Umlaufmotor:
A few years ago I built a whale, a Roland C.IIa, for a fellow model builder.
Here is the link to the finished model in this forum:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=13147.0

Some time ago I had the opportunity to acquire a WNW Roland kit from an estate.
The kit had not yet been started by the original owner, but he had already separated many parts from the casting frames.

To cut a long story short, on a whim I started to clean and sort the separated parts.
Sorting turned into painting, painting turned into gluing - so I'm building another whale, but this time for myself.

The model represents a Roland C.IIa, which was stationed at Schusta 6 in the spring of 1917. The identification was a white "2" on a black background on the fin. The scheme was very similar to the white "7" which can be made from the original kit.

Here is the current built-status:

Servus
Bertl

Umlaufmotor:
As you can see in the previous pictures, some cables, levers and rods from the levers to the engine etc. were additionally mounted in the fuselage.

Here are some more pictures.
The pictures were taken under the table lamp, some colors appear less shiny in daylight and therefore look more realistic.

Servus
Bertl

Davos522:
"Sorting turned into painting..."

Funny how that happens, isn't it, Bertl? Absolutely beautiful paintwork, those wobble pumps look like you turned them out of brass. I was able to find the WnW Hannover kit recently, but sadly I missed the boat on the Walfisch :(

Dutch

uncarina:
This is a real treat! Great start.

Cheers,  Tom

DaddyO:
Lovely work so far.  ;D

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version