WW1 Airshows and Model Shows > Model Shows

Patcon 2023, Hudson, Massachusetts

(1/2) > >>

Davos522:
I hadn't been to a model show in the past couple of decades, but things finally fell into place and I was able to make the two-hour drive to the IPMS Region 1 show in Hudson, MA, about forty miles outside Boston (I live at the other end of the state, literally as far from Boston as you can get and still live in Massachusetts). The show opened at nine, and I got there at around 0930... the first thing that surprised me was that the parking lot of the Elks Club was nearly full, and the exhibition hall was already jammed:

The category of "Rigged, multi-wing" only had about eight or nine entries, but they were all beautifully done. About half were Great War subjects:

... while the balance were inter-war types. The one that especially caught my eye was this big ICM Gladiator:

My favorite, though, was this beautiful Ukrainian D.VII done up in Aviattic decals by forum member Dave Calhoun, an old friend from the WWI Modeler's Mailing List:

Not having seen each other in many years, we were able to spend twenty minutes catching up, which was tremendous fun.

The vendor's tables were crowded, and I was able to add these to the stash:

The Nieuport was actually cheaper than if I'd ordered it direct from CSM, while the Camel was about 25% over the original list, which seemed pretty reasonable given todays market for WnW. The Flaming D.VII I got for nostalgia's sake, I must have built a dozen of them when I was a kid!

All in all a great little show, I'll definitely put it on my calendar for next year.

Dutch

KiwiZac:
Looks like a great event and I love the Ukrainian D.VII.

Also very, very envious of the Aurora Fokker!

Europapete:
HEY! How come I am not in the first photo! lololol

Davos522:
Were you there? I asked around, but, not knowing your "real world" name (beyond "Pete from RI") I didn't get very far...

Dutch

Europapete:
Hi Dutch, yes, I was there. A great show

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version