Author Topic: Jasta 14 Albatros DIII info, please.  (Read 935 times)

Offline Romad601

Jasta 14 Albatros DIII info, please.
« on: August 10, 2023, 12:14:01 PM »
I have a couple of questions on Jasta 14 Albatros DIII camouflage, - does anyone know how the wings were camouflaged, with the purple and green scheme, or some other.  Also I read ( on Wikipedia, so taken with a grain of salt), that the wings of the DIII and    D V were the same.  If so, at least in theory, the Aviattic camo decals should work on the Roden D III.  Anyone want to venture a guess on this?
All help is sincerely appreciated.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Jasta 14 Albatros DIII info, please.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 01:25:08 PM »
The wings of the D.III and the D.Va (not D.V)) "were the same" -- in the sense that they had the aileron cables routed through the lower wings. The D.V had the cables running up thru the upper wing and consequentally had different ailerons and slightly different construction.

This said, it has almost no bearing on how they were finished. Your best bet is to figure out which production block your D.III belonged too. The Johannistal ones built after the the first run of D.Vs most likely would have had five color flugstoff from the factory, but ... WWI! check your references and cross your fingers.

Offline DannyVM

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 10:25:27 PM »
This book give you a very good insight about the use of the Jasta 14 aircraft.

Regards

Danny

Offline Romad601

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 05:16:14 AM »
Thanks very much!  I’ll look for it!