Forum Comments and Feedback > Comments and Feedback

Membership application

(1/1)

Mike Norris:
Hi,
I've had a couple of returning modelers email me asking about their membership applications.
It seems they both had problems getting signed up as forum members.
I did message Dave awhile back, not realizing he was not in good health at that time.

Would it be possible for me to pass on their email addresses to a forum administrator so he could maybe contact them and help them sign up,

Mike

Dave W:
Hi gents
I have made it very clear to members that we receive many bogus registrations every day.
I personally vet every new registration and every registration depends on the person correctly answering the Security question, naming their favour World War One aeroplane.
You would be amazed how many people seem to be unable to do this or answer in such a vague way that they get lumped in with the rest of the spam and rejected.
If you follow the registration procedure and clearly identify your favourite World War One aeroplane in the Security question then you will be approved. If you give a vague answer you will be rejected because this process is intended to keep the spammers out of our forum.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

uncletony:

--- Quote from: Dave W on August 03, 2023, 11:55:40 AM ---
You would be amazed how many people seem to be unable to do this or answer in such a vague way ...

--- End quote ---

Indeed, I use a similar gatekeeping query on my Facebook group (Great War in 32nd Scale) -- it is truly amazing how many clearly bogus / clueless / lazy applications come in...

Mike Norris:

--- Quote from: Dave W on August 03, 2023, 11:55:40 AM ---Hi gents
I have made it very clear to members that we receive many bogus registrations every day.
I personally vet every new registration and every registration depends on the person correctly answering the Security question, naming their favour World War One aeroplane.
You would be amazed how many people seem to be unable to do this or answer in such a vague way that they get lumped in with the rest of the spam and rejected.
If you follow the registration procedure and clearly identify your favourite World War One aeroplane in the Security question then you will be approved. If you give a vague answer you will be rejected because this process is intended to keep the spammers out of our forum.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the explanation.
I hope you're feeling better now,

Mike

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version