WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

1/32 Roden Sopwith Strutter

(1/31) > >>

kensar:
Well, someone had to be first, so it may as well be me.
This is my build of the Roden Sopwith Strutter.  I am replacing the engine with a Vector Clerget 9B, which fortunately looks like it will fit in the kit cowling. 

I am planning to represent a Strutter from the US 90th aero squadron, so it will have the French 5 color camouflage scheme.

On opening the box, it appears to be the usual Roden kit.  Ample opportunity to improve the build with scratchbuilt parts (just the way I like them).  I noticed some interior details are not complete, such as the flap mechanism and the adjustable tailplane system needs some cables.  The elevator mechanism also needs a few pieces.

So, to start, a few pictures of where I'm at.

The Vector engine builds up nicely.

Not quite done with it yet.  I frequently skip around in a build to avoid burning out on it.

The interior starts off with a coat of CDL colored paint, followed by masking to paint in the wooden framework.

So, I'm just getting started on this.  Tally Ho!

KiwiZac:
I cannot say how excited I am to see this build start. I have a creeping feeling one of these kits is in my future and I am very, very keen to see how you approach the build.

Excellent start!

Tim Mixon:
Glad to see one being built up Kensar. You have gotten off to a great start.

Tim

RAGIII:
Awesome! When I finally get one of these I will have your build to follow! Nice start Ken.
RAGIII

RichieW:
Fantastic, I've been so looking forward to seeing this kit on a bench and am so happy it's on yours Ken! :)

Richie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version