WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Completed models

1/72 Kovozavody Prestejov Sopwith Dolphin

(1/4) > >>

DaveB:
Dear all,

Completed this KP kit today as a fairly quick (three weeks) build.

Mostly built OOB with some enhancements as follows:

Details to cockpit (mostly floor and instrument panel) and upper wing Lewis guns;
Shortened the tail skid slightly;
Added missing windscreen, Aldis gun sight and screen rear of cockpit;
Opened out all footsteps, access hatches, air vents and exhaust ends

Rigged using sewing nylon smoke coloured 'invisible' mending thread for wings, tail plane and undercarriage.  Oschi elastic thread standard size for interplane and cabane struts and fine size for control cables.

Overall not a bad kit that goes together generally very well.   I did find though that I needed to slightly (1 - 2 mm) the port side interplane struts on mine to avoid excessive dihedral on top and anhedral on lower wing.  I suspect this was a fault of mine during the build and not that of the kit.   Decals work well but there is no rudder decal as indicated (shown as decal 4 on guide) on the paint and marking guide so this was painted on manually.  The instructions would also have you install the Lewis guns to the rear bar on top wing instead of front.

Nice build and project overall - and the better kit of the few WW1 aircraft kits I have built so far.

Completed in markings for No.19 squadron, flown by G.B. Irving, RAF 1918.

Regards

Dave

Tim Mixon:
Very tidy build Dave. I particularly like your rigging and PC-10 colors.
Thanks for the heads up on the kit construction. I have yet to build a Dolphin.

All the best,
Tim

enathan:
A lovely Dolphin Dave, well done!

lone modeller:
Another super build from you Dave. The very fine details have come out extremely well, and the rigging is, as always, first class. Looking forward to seeing this soon.

Stephen.

Rip Van Winkle:
Great job.  Thanks for sharing your photos.  It is encouraging to see what a nice model can be achieved with this kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version