WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Under Construction

WnW 1/32 Jeannin Stahltaube (1914)

(1/22) > >>

gedmundson:
Hello folks, I've finally been able to start work on a new WnW kit - the 1/32 Jeannin Stahltaube (1914). I bought this one after swearing I'd not add to my stash...until the recent glut of kits hit the market and I'd regretted not picking this one up previously. I'll build aircraft 283/14, a common choice, since the transparent CDL wings and differently coloured fuselage appeal to me.

I added some Taurus Models primer cups and spark plugs to the engine, and wired it with 0.010" lead wire. I also used the lead wire to add plumbing to the fuel system on the back of the instrument panel. I made a couple of fuel selector handles from bent brass tubing. The prop was painted with Tamiya acrylics and given a wood grain look with oil paints.

Since starting the build I realized I wanted some HGW seatbelts and some control horns for the wings and tail section, so until they arrive I can slowly progress with painting the other bits. I did pick up some Copper State Models spoked wheels for this one - they are quite nicely printed in 3D resin.

Cheers,
Gary

Mike Norris:
Hi Gary,
Nice to see you tackling this model.
I really must hit mine in the stash one day.
I'll be following with great interest,

Mike

Gisbod:
Ooh, nice Gary,

I’ve got one too so looking forward to seeing yours. The wiring on the engine is really excellent! How do you get the wiring to attach to the distributor(?) so neatly?

Guy

gedmundson:

--- Quote from: Gisbod on April 10, 2023, 07:25:23 AM ---Ooh, nice Gary,

I’ve got one too so looking forward to seeing yours. The wiring on the engine is really excellent! How do you get the wiring to attach to the distributor(?) so neatly?

Guy

--- End quote ---

Thanks Guy - I drill 0.016" holes into the points at which the wires enter the magnetos, and glue the lead wire in place with cyano after they're inserted deep enough. After the magnetos are in position, the wires are then gently bent into shape to converge at the conduit, glued then painted. Cheers!

(on a Mercedes D.III)

RichieW:
I just know this is going to be beautiful Gary, very pleased to see you building a model of this lovely old aircraft.

Richie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version