Author Topic: Sopwith Snipe out now from WNW!!  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: Sopwith Snipe out now from WNW!!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 02:46:36 AM »
Hi, Bud,

How'd you order the Early Snipe? the WNW page indicates that it's "Coming Soon," and there's no action when you click on that button. The Late version is good to go. The Early version is what I want, so puh-leese let me know how you made the order!  ;)
I think Red is right (sounds kinda commie, don't it).  Just refresh the page.
http://wingnutwings.com/ww/FFECC85C184D8D0AE16A58592432894C
I had to do the same thing.
Cheers,
Bud

Hi, Bud,

Thanks, mate: this worked very well. For some reason, although I was refreshing the page last night and this morning, there was no change to the Early Version listing as "Coming Soon." Not sure if this was changed just prior to using your link, but the link worked: one Early Version Snipe is now on its way to the Great White North!  :D

And it is white: almost a foot of the white stuff dumped on us yesterday!  ;D Thanks again!
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:06 AM »
Ah, most interesting! I think, sooner or later I'll get the late Snipe and make it the soviet version.
As stated some postings before: So many of the WW1-planes served on in the many wars after the Wartoendallwars - most interesting...
Richard

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:18 AM »
Hi, Bud,

Thanks, mate: this worked very well. For some reason, although I was refreshing the page last night and this morning, there was no change to the Early Version listing as "Coming Soon." Not sure if this was changed just prior to using your link, but the link worked: one Early Version Snipe is now on its way to the Great White North!  :D

And it is white: almost a foot of the white stuff dumped on us yesterday!  ;D Thanks again!
Good job, Gary!  Looks like we'll be having a Barker fest, if Rowan can get that sheet out soon.  I think I'm gonna start this one as soon as I get it.
Cheers
Bud
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:22:41 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 05:58:58 AM »
ok but that only leaves the salmson and 2 odd eindeckers  left on the in production menu. i wonder whay surprises they will have for us next christmas? cmon aviatik d.1 and hansa d.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline drdave

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:14 AM »
A Pfalz D111, a Spad VII, A Brisfit Mark IV, a Macchi M5, , a Hanriot HD1, a Dolphin.

I can feel it in my bones

Offline acewwi

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 06:10:57 AM »
I wonder too if next christmas surprises is Sopwith Camel 2F1 (no 32017)
Look in the Sopwith Snipe kit the engine (Bentley BR.2) part number is 132E0017, the same engine with Camel 2F1.
Spyros

Offline TimC

• WW1 Kit Database
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
I wonder too if next christmas surprises is Sopwith Camel 2F1 (no 32017)
Look in the Sopwith Snipe kit the engine (Bentley BR.2) part number is 132E0017, the same engine with Camel 2F1.
Spyros

I did suggest this a few days back some where else, I'm sure WNW did say they would not produce a kit if a perfectly good kit of that aircraft was already available. All existing kits are of Sopwith Camel's not Sopwith 2F1 Camel's.

Heres hoping :)

TimC

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 02:43:20 AM »
Oh no!

I'm now getting seriously tempted by this kit (I really like the look of this Snipe) - just a shame WNW did not release at the same as my last order before Christmas.

The trouble is, I'm now starting to acquire a small stash (currently standing at nine kits) and when mentioned to the wife I got the comment back as to where I going to store all these kits until built!!!

I must resist temptation, I must resist temptation ......................

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Cirrus

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 02:52:45 AM »
Hhmmm - another British green/brown aeroplane?

I may give this one a miss.

Do you mean the new silver Snipe kit with all those colourful post war squadron markings? 

Cirrus

Offline Le Taureau qui rit

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 03:41:12 AM »
Hhmmm - another British green/brown aeroplane?

I may give this one a miss.

Is the problem here that British aircraft had dull colour schemes or is the problem that people feel that British aircraft are over-represented in the WNW range?

By my reckoning, WNW have released 17 kits of German aircraft, and 12 of British (not including the dogfight double, which obviously gives you one German and one British) and the of the next four kits that we know for certain that WNW have in the pipeline, 3 are of German aircraft and one is French.

D.

Dekenba

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 03:44:24 AM »
I find the British planes look pretty much the same - green/brown - although there is the odd interesting scheme that Rowan tends to unearth, especially trainers.

The German designs, by comparison, look so colourful and just more interesting.

Offline Le Taureau qui rit

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 03:55:51 AM »
I find the British planes look pretty much the same - green/brown - although there is the odd interesting scheme that Rowan tends to unearth, especially trainers.

Fair enough! 

I seem to remember reading a British pilot envious description of how colourful the German aircraft he saw in combat were, so even then there were people who weren't that keen on PC10  :)

D.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 10:10:55 AM »

Hmmm.  You're right!  The Rumpler C.I, Albatros C.III and the Aviatic C.I look nothing at all alike. ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Vickers

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
So Rowan, I just ordered my Snipe... was disappointed in the wartime schemes though- any chance one of your upcoming 1/32nd decal sets might include markings for 26-vicory Ace Capt. Ron Elwynn King of No.4SQ AFC? (Please say yes! Please say yes!) ;)
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Online Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
Well, my snipe is on order  :D  Definitely will make mine a 4SQN Australian Flying Corps bird, much like my 1:48 Blue Max Snipe...

Owner and Administrator
forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com