Author Topic: (Gotha) Dreams Really Do Come True...  (Read 2108 times)

Offline macsporran

Re: (Gotha) Dreams Really Do Come True...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 05:10:30 PM »
Wow! What treasure troves. What a great thread!

Love the reminder of the Jager resin kits. Can't remember the chap's name but he worked out of space in an old mill building in Glasgow. I had a customer in the building and couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on the Jager production facility! I visited a few times and swapped a pile of the old Aurora kits for some of his exotic two seaters.
And great to see some of the old CSM models. I remember building a Pfalz D. VIII and a Dornier D. I too. And my memory was playing me tricks, I'd thought Blue Max did the SE5, but of course it was Eric: a real SE5, pointy wings and all! For once you could do those marvellous 60Sqdn colours on the correct aircraft.
Great stuff guys, makes this old fart very happy 😊
Sandy
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 05:09:25 PM by macsporran »

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2023, 04:22:55 PM »
So many kits I've lusted after for so long. What a wonderful thread, both for voyeurism and for enjoying others' stories!
Zac in NZ

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2023, 04:31:18 AM »
What a wonderful thread about the nostalgia we 20th Century kids feel for our childhood modeling experiences—they really enriched our lives in so many ways.  Thanks to all for sharing their stories—they really are a common experience for many of us, and resonate deeply.  I agree with Lance that having these old kits in the box is more special than building them.  They are part of our modeling heritage.  Sweet memories!

Best Regards,

Bob

Offline Davos522

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2023, 10:52:20 AM »
Absolutely agree, Bob. My Gotha will stay in the box (I haven't even opened it yet, for all I know it could be a 707 rattling around in there) as long as I own it.

All best,

Dutch