Author Topic: 'Aviattic' Pfalz D.VIII  (Read 957 times)

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
'Aviattic' Pfalz D.VIII
« on: November 15, 2023, 11:10:07 PM »
Hi all,
Decals for the soon to be released Pfalz D.VIII from 'Aviattic'.
This kit, like the previous Ansaldo A.1 'Balilla', will be a stunner I'm sure.
Pre-orders are still available at 'Aviattic'.

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: 'Aviattic' Pfalz D.VIII
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 11:23:24 PM »
No doubt it will be a stunner. And it is a hard choice for the scheme - so many lovely colours! My wife is opting for the camo-one. Me, I like those green fuselages... We will have to find a compromise  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Flik63J

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 03:21:32 AM »
For me, Pfalz and Silbergrau are synonymous so I guess it will be the Paul Baumer scheme. With all the new releases due from LukGraph, I can’t unfortunately afford a second kit from Richard.

David

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 05:39:07 AM »
If I were in the right position to get one I'd be going for Baumer too: Mikael Carlson's beautiful reproduction in his scheme is what got me interested in the type in the first place.

We also have an existing (albeit dormant) thread on this kit here.
Zac in NZ

Offline NigelR

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 07:20:17 PM »
This is an amazing set of options, and you also get all the stencils and Pfalz logos plus plenty of spares.

These profiles weren't available when I built the test kit with the fleur de-lys scheme, and I am embarrassed to see that I have put the wrong style of balkankreuz on the wings. I did the Pfalz DXII style with the elongated central arm. In my defence all I can say is that my only source for the DVIII (the Jack Herris Pfalz book) doesn't have any photos of the wings of the Jasta 29 machines. Oh well, at least I will get it right on the next one (although I think I will do a different scheme than the Jasta 29 ones on mine).

Offline Davos522

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 11:50:01 PM »
Nigel, I wouldn't worry too much about it, everything being in the prototype stage as it is. The model looked stunning in the photos I saw of Richard's pavillion at Telford, and again, you did an amazing job getting it buttoned up in less than a week! Like working with a set of Spandaus trained on your head I imagine... :P

Dutch