The WW1 modelers' reference library > Aircraft

Udet's Fokker D.VII F

(1/4) > >>

DaddyO:
Morning all
I'd like to call upon the collective mind of the forum about this aircraft and the colour of it's top wing.

As one of several projects currently on the bench I'm building the last DVII flown by Udet from the 1/72 Eduard triple boxing released a few years ago. Rather than the ever popular candy striped machine I rather fancied the later one flown into action in June 1918. This one had the more powerful engine with upper cowls removed for cooling which I think is an interesting detail.

The colour details show that this one had a red painted upper wing (possibly in preparation to adding the white striping?) The other sources I have all show and describe the replacement OAW upper wing that was fitted with the usual lozenge pattern (Cross and Cockade article by Dave Roberts 2003, wingnut painting instructions.)

My question is any evidence for the red wing?

Thanks
Paul

WD:
I'm interested in this one as well Paul, so I'd like to know as well.

Warren

Borsos:
In Fokker Aircraft of WWI: Volume 5 | 1918 Designs Part 2 – D.VII & D.VIII there are some interesting pages on Udets Fokkers. As it’s the latest publication on the subject, it could be of some use for you. Due to copyright reasons of course I can’t post these here, but if you like I can send you photos of these pages via E-Mail. There’s no prohibition sharing such a tiny amount of pages privately as far as I know.
Andreas

DaddyO:
Many thanks Andreas  ;D
I'll drop you a pm with the details

Paul

Borsos:

--- Quote from: DaddyO on March 18, 2023, 04:16:54 AM ---Many thanks Andreas  ;D
I'll drop you a pm with the details

Paul

--- End quote ---

E-Mail sent  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version