Author Topic: Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b. Airfix 1/72nd scale  (Read 2026 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Hawker Typhoon Mk.1b. Airfix 1/72nd scale
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2023, 12:33:33 PM »
Excellent work on the Tiffy RAGman! I'm rather partial to that squadron purely for personal/vanity reasons  ;D

Thanks Zac! I am happy you can Identify with the Build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Tim Mixon

• Main focus is 1/72 WWI
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2023, 09:18:35 PM »
Nice Tiffy!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2023, 12:59:20 AM »
Nice Tiffy!

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the comment!
RAGIII

Offline Davos522

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2023, 03:05:38 AM »
Great build, Rick, love your paint jobs... and I've always been fond of those big brutes. I think Revell did one back in the '60s that I built a couple of times, there was a lot of interest in the BoB era because of the film. I also built their JU-88 around the same time period too... is the one you got a re-release of that Junkers kit, or did they do a retool somewhere along the line?

Dave V

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2023, 05:53:40 AM »
Missed this one Rick! Superb Tiffy - and very different from the one I remember building from the original release back in the 1960's!!

Stephen.

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2023, 08:15:48 AM »
I also can't believe I missed this one - awesome work Rick! The kit looks lovely, much better than the old kit I remember building as a kid in the early 90s!

Cheers,

BC

Online RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2023, 08:43:03 AM »
Great build, Rick, love your paint jobs... and I've always been fond of those big brutes. I think Revell did one back in the '60s that I built a couple of times, there was a lot of interest in the BoB era because of the film. I also built their JU-88 around the same time period too... is the one you got a re-release of that Junkers kit, or did they do a retool somewhere along the line?

Dave V

Thanks Dave! Along with Revell kits like their original Tiffy I built almost all of those available in the Early 60s'  8) Yes I am that Old. The Newer generation of Airfix and Revell 1/72nd kits are really quite nice, if not quite Arma or Eduard. They seem to have good fit and decent detail which is all I am after. The JU88A-1 is a Newer tool, I think from the late 90a' or early 2000s'.
RAGIII

Missed this one Rick! Superb Tiffy - and very different from the one I remember building from the original release back in the 1960's!!

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen your comments are always appreciated!
RAGIII

I also can't believe I missed this one - awesome work Rick! The kit looks lovely, much better than the old kit I remember building as a kid in the early 90s!

Cheers,

BC

Thanks Brad. I am not sure when the Newer tool Tiffy was released but it is certainly not the one I had available as a kid in 1965ish  ::)
RAGIII

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2023, 08:57:08 AM »
Hey Rick - the new tool one was released around 2013, according to scalemates.

I remember building this boxing specifically, a couple of times, back around 1990 -

This earlier kit traces its lineage back to 1959...!  :o It certainly doesn't hold a flame to the newer kit. Great work again :)

Cheers,

BC