Modelers Lounge > The World of Scale Models

Aero A-24. 1/72 RS models

(1/2) > >>

Tim Mixon:
I chose this as my next project. It will be a quick project with little scratch building. At first glance this looks like a rough kit but once I looked closer it really is nicely detailed. The Maybach engine nacelles’ are very nice and I wish I had known about them before I scratch built the ones for my Gotha GL-VII.

The Aero A-24 was built in 1924. It was outdated and underpowered by 1926 and only a few were put into operational service.

I was able to find one picture of an A-24 that had light color undersides. It would most likely be light blue or silver. I chose the blue.

This was a fun speed build. Just three weekends work.
Thanks for looking in! 

lone modeller:
A completely new type to me but it looks very exciting. Twin engined biplanes are always worth building!

Stephen.

RichieW:
Wow, a fun speed build? It looks like many months of careful work. That's a testament to the skills you have built up over many years of modelling experience.

Richie

Tim Mixon:

--- Quote from: RichieW on March 04, 2023, 10:07:01 PM ---Wow, a fun speed build? It looks like many months of careful work. That's a testament to the skills you have built up over many years of modelling experience.

Richie

--- End quote ---

Thank you!  It was some long hours spent at the bench.  So much so it aggravated my wife into commenting about it Lol!

Dirigible-Al:
Yet another beauty from Tim.
This is a new type to me too! Looks like the love child from a Vickers Vimy and a DH.10
Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version