WW1 Armour, Artillery, Vehicles, Ships > WW1 Armour, Artillery, Vehicles, dioramas, associated figures and Ships

HMS Agincourt, Scratch Built, 1/1500 Scale

<< < (3/3)

JBLavender:
Hey thanks!

I kept a few photos of each ship in progress, but not a fully documented build. There are two issues. Firstly the parts are far too small to photograph easily, and photography is very time-consuming. Secondly, I did keep folks on Facebook and Reddit updated with how-tos and discussions about how I performed certain tasks, techniques etc. but no one read them. Or at least no one commented and I really had no metric to know if it was worth the hours. In the end, I keep a logbook of important details, and a few WIP photos, but they aren’t curated well enough for posting online sadly. I try to maintain a certain level of quality with WIP photos and it takes a couple hours to set up, photograph, and process. With the documented builds, I didn’t feel it was worth the time in the end.

I’m currently working on IJN Kongō, and I have posted a few WIP photos here in the general modeling section if you’d like to see how a ship goes from a boxwood block to a fully-formed hull.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version