Getting to know one another > Your Introduction

Hello from „the Länd“

(1/1)

VintageAce:
Hello everyone,

My name is Carlo, I'm 27 years old and I'm from the beautiful city of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg aka "the Länd", Germany. Nah in fact this city is not that beautiful, she got bombed the shit out of her in WW2 😅. My enthusiasm for airplanes started very early in my childhood. In the beginning, according to my mother, I was very enthusiastic about everything that had tires and motors. I expressed these impressions in drawings at the time. It all started with painting and being fascinated by airplanes when my father bought me Microsoft Flight Simulator 98 when I was 5 or 6. At that time I painted countless pictures of cockpits and airplanes from what I saw in the game and from then on I was obsessed with airplanes .Then a year later I got a taste for biplanes when I was given a game called "The Hunt for the Red Baron". I hope my parents knew what they were doing back then 😁. I was totally fascinated by this game at the time and drew everything I saw there on paper. I drew air battles and colorful explosions from those old biplanes. When I was 7 I built my first model kit, a Revell Fokker D.VII. From then on my model building career began. Up until my teens I built up a stash of kits and spent most of my time at the local hobby shops. Initially there were also kits from WW2, later only WW1. When I finished school and started an apprenticeship, the hobby came to a complete standstill. From then on, my life was very difficult, I developed severe mental illnesses that have accompanied me till this day. My kits stayed in boxes with my mother over the years. Since my mother is moving after years, she asked me if I would like my model kits back. I am now in possession of my treasures again and am trying to revive the hobby. My preferred scale is 1/48, but 1/72 models have also been added over the years.

Now I'm basically starting from scratch again and I hope to assemble a kit in near future.
I'm happy to be part of the WW1 community now.

Cheers

Carlo

Edo:
welcome Carlo!
you’ll find a grat community here!

ciao
edo

Dirigible-Al:
Welcome to the forum Carlo
It would be great to see posts of your build when you get going. We're here to help.
Alan

KiwiZac:
Welcome Carlo! Reading your introduction reminds me a lot of myself, so rest assured you have a long-lost brother from New Zealand!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version