Author Topic: Look who's back - Pheon Decals joins the Aviattic.com line up!  (Read 1105 times)

Offline smeekmeister

Look who's back - Pheon Decals joins the Aviattic.com line up!
« on: October 14, 2023, 03:26:58 AM »

We felt you might like this ... Pheon Decals joins the Aviattic.com line-up

Inspired not only by concern that it would be sad to see it disappear for early aviation modelers … but also by way of tribute to Rowan Broadbent and to continue his legacy ... something he has been passionate about all his life despite medical grievance. Over the last months we have been working with Sabine to arrange sth she feels comfortable with so we are happy to have her blessing.

Starting now, all sets which are not out-of-production are available for preorder and October dispatch. That’s close to 60 SKUs (31 1/32s, 22 1/48s and 6 1/72s). Whereas Sabine still needs to confirm actual quantities, I know that for some of them there were only a few left. An opportunity to grab your chance.

Available here
https://bit.ly/pheon-is-back

Further and beyond, we will also be looking at options for reprinting the OOPs although that’s not a guarantee nor a promise. (yes yes, I know … those Belgian Camels ;-))

Offline DaddyO

Re: Look who's back - Pheon Decals joins the Aviattic.com line up!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 03:40:44 AM »
Great to here this.
I've got a couple of sets and they are really comprehensive. Look forward to more 1/72 releases
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 11:49:18 AM »
What fantastic news, bravo Sabine and Richard!

Offline Scaleber

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 02:09:58 PM »
Definitely excellent news but when I go to the pheon-is-back site, a number of the 1/32 sets don't show what you actually get. There is just the photo of the Phoenix. Am I missing something? For example, I'd love to know what's in the "Sopwith Camel Aces Vol 1" or "Bristol F.2b Aces"? The one I'm really after is the No. 32004 SE5a Aces in France so I get Rhys David's plane when he fought Werner Voss

Online Davos522

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 11:24:43 PM »
If you go to Scalemates.com database and do a search on "1/32 Pheon" a couple of the S.E.5a sheets pop up. Not sure if either of them are the one you're interested in, but you can take a look. Many of the other sheets are pictured too, but not all of them.

Dutch

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 10:52:59 PM »
The Aviattik.com-webside seems to be dead since a few days.
Rumors speak of a separation of business relations between R. Alexander from the real Aviattic and Chr. Smekens.
This did not last very long.
Too bad, so the excellent Aviattic products from England will again be exorbitantly expensive for European customers.
Even the pre-ordered Pfalz D.VIII kits.
Thanks to Brexit.
The door to the Pheon decals, which was opened shortly before, seems to be closed again.

Online Davos522

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 01:40:42 AM »
Hi Bertl, Richard sent out an email update on the closure of the website on February 16. In part it read In a bid to retain my EU friends as Aviattic.co.uk customers I will soon be offering free shipping within the EU to partly offset these unfortunate charges. Details will be made known on the site soon.

If you want to read the entire thing, send me a PM or email and I’ll be glad to pass it along.

Dutch