Author Topic: Nieuport XVII CSM 1:32  (Read 3843 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Nieuport XVII CSM 1:32
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 02:23:15 AM »
Beautiful piece of engineering!

Steve

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2023, 05:41:21 AM »
Hats off! Thats a truely fine piece of super detailing. You are setting standards here.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2023, 05:44:13 AM »
More Lovely detail work! I Love the headrest cushion!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2023, 05:50:12 AM »
Stunning! Yet another museum piece in search of a museum!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2023, 06:15:21 AM »
What stunning craftsmanship! Superb work Simon!
Zac in NZ

Offline szymon

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2023, 10:32:05 PM »
Thank you friends, and I'm glad you like my work. In that case, we're airing the next episode of the telenovela  :), this time the engine and its accessories. The original engine from the model was unacceptable,that's why I replaced it him a resin replica from CMK

Regards
Szimon

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2023, 10:51:58 PM »
@szymon
Very very nice work on your Nieuport.
I like the finely executed detailing as well as the accurate implementation of the materials in terms of painting, no paint stroke where it should not be - as an example, the copper color of the oil tank and the precise and clean delineating paint layer to the brass-colored lid of the filler neck.
Really great work.
Only one point, you should paint the insulating washer (where coming from the spark plugs the ignition cables are glued in) in rust red or in a reddish brown shade.
This plate was not made of metal (aluminum).
It was insulating with slip rings inserted as contacts from the ignition breaker to the ignition wires of the respective cylinders.
You may not see any of this later, however, you may have some view of the back of the engine through the elongated openings on the side of the front cowling.

Another question:
What blue and from what manufacturer do you use for the metal parts on the model?

Servus
Bertl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 10:57:03 PM by Umlaufmotor »

Offline macsporran

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2023, 11:45:15 PM »
This is wonderful work - such realistic colouring and weathering.

However!
I have to warn you - none of this will be seen when the side panels are attached - which is a crying shame.

I spent a bit of time on the interior of my CSM Nie17 and couldn't bear to lock it all away, so left one of the side panels off.
Maybe you'd consider something similar. It would be almost sacrilege to have such great work hidden away, never to be seen.
Sandy

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2023, 12:46:56 AM »
Simon,
    Hats off to you on the detailing, simply spectacular! I will go on record as saying we've seen some truly one of a kind and frankly unbeatable detail work here on the Forum over the years; this though is in a class of it's very own! Do leave at least one of the side panels open, for what can't be seen later "we know it's there"!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 01:00:21 AM »
Beautiful work as others have said. So glad WE get to see it now!!

Steve

Offline szymon

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2023, 05:16:58 AM »
@szymon
Very very nice work on your Nieuport.
I like the finely executed detailing as well as the accurate implementation of the materials in terms of painting, no paint stroke where it should not be - as an example, the copper color of the oil tank and the precise and clean delineating paint layer to the brass-colored lid of the filler neck.
Really great work.
Only one point, you should paint the insulating washer (where coming from the spark plugs the ignition cables are glued in) in rust red or in a reddish brown shade.
This plate was not made of metal (aluminum).
It was insulating with slip rings inserted as contacts from the ignition breaker to the ignition wires of the respective cylinders.
You may not see any of this later, however, you may have some view of the back of the engine through the elongated openings on the side of the front cowling.

Another question:
What blue and from what manufacturer do you use for the metal parts on the model?

Servus
Bertl

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Thanks Bertl, and congratulations on being observant. Yes I know, this element was made of Bakelite. At this stage of work, I forgot to paint it brown, but I mounted the engine at the very end and add this ring, unfortunately, I don't have a photo that documents it. For metal elements I used French Blue acrylic paint with Ammo MIG A.MIG-062..
Regards
Szymon
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 05:27:05 AM by szymon »

Offline szymon

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2023, 05:31:46 AM »
Relax friends, one page is completely open, so you can see something there, but let's not anticipate the facts ;)

Regards
Szymon

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2023, 06:05:15 AM »
Spectacular. All around. I hope to see this model soon somewhere on a competition table.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2023, 06:54:48 AM »
If you put it on pretty much any competition table it would surely win. I've never seen so much interior detail visible, normally it's just a panel or two open. However what is visible is just so brilliantly done!
Bravo Szymon.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2023, 07:51:13 AM »
Truly remarkable work!
Zac in NZ