WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Where to purchase your kits

1:72 or 1:48 scale ??

<< < (3/3)

albireo13:
Hi again folks.  Thanks for the insights.  I have gotten underway on my MiG build at 1/48.  t is great practice getting back into the hobby and I can do a build before worrying about rigging!    :)

On another note is I am finding my fine motor dexterity, and ability to handle small parts, isn't what it used to be.   Still I find it fun.  I doubt I will be able to build with the skill and detail of other folks here.

I have given it more thought and I think I want to try a 1/72 WWI build next.  The smaller scale intruiges me. 

Tim Mixon:
Excellent to hear!  Except about your dexterity. Here are a few examples that should be easily assembled with excellent fit and accuracy. Fairly low cost as well. I have no association with the eBay sellers, only took screen shots to post. 

The Smer Dr.1. is actually the Edward kit re-boxed. Great accuracy and fit of parts. Only downside is the one decal option.

The Revell triplane is also excellent. You have to watch for the most recent re-tooled version #04116.  I personally think it’s the best 1/72 version available straight out of the box.

The Edward D-VII is a little more pricey but well worth all the extra parts and decals to add to the spare parts bin.

albireo13:
Awesome, thanks.
I just ordered the Fokker DR.1!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version