The WW1 modelers' reference library > Aircraft

Nakajima Ko-3

(1/1)

macsporran:
Well here's a new one on me!
I noticed this on another WWI website and it rather caught my attention.
(It was posted no details of where the pic originated or who owned any copyright, so I guess it's OK to pass it on here.)

A further search of the net found no additional photos, although I see one brave soul has started to scratchbuild it around a 1/72 Roden Nie fuselage.

The oic is titled Nie 24/Na Ko-3 with negative aspect ratio 'wings' - 1920s experimental Japanese project.

I wonder if it ever flew (and in which direction?) - assuming they could find some brave soul to fly it!
Sandy

Thumbs up:
Bonkers! :o

Berman:
   By the 1920's aircraft designers had a firm concept about wings and airfoils. This was most likely assembled from assorted obsolete airplane components by the employees as a humorous contraption that was never intended to fly.

KiwiZac:

--- Quote from: macsporran on November 02, 2022, 06:47:54 PM ---although I see one brave soul has started to scratchbuild it around a 1/72 Roden Nie fuselage.

--- End quote ---
The talented modeller of all things weird, wacky and inter-war known as "Gabriel Stern" once built the Ko3: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235051216-japanese-experimental-negative-aspect-ratio-plane-based-on-nieuport-24-nakajima-ko-3-172-half-scratchbuilt/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version