Author Topic: Fokker V3 prototype 1/72 Eduard (sort of)  (Read 1739 times)

Offline DaddyO

Re: Fokker V4 prototype 1/72 Eduard (sort of)
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2022, 09:55:09 PM »
Cheers Tim - Yep feels like you're on the downward slope when the paint starts   ;D

The Skybirds kit is a Rumpler CIV - very nice it is too. I also picked up and Ardpol Brandenburg C1, a couple of Pegasus (Macchi, Roland and Albatros DII), and a pair of HR resins (Hanriot and a Brandenburg B1) So all in all a good day's haul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 02:58:03 AM »
Let painting commence  :D

Using some AK acrylics for the first time on this and wanted a bit of a see though effect on the wings so first up was a slightly darkened version of 'Radome tan' (Looks very grey in this photo for some reason) and after it had dried I added several miles of masking tape and then sprayed with the pure colour over it and over the top surfaces . . . .

Finally after everything was dried I tackled the 'engine swirled' effect on the nose and cowl using Vallejo model air applied with a brush which I was well pleased with  ;D

That's all for the moment. Next is the delicate assembly and rigging and a bit of weathering. With a bit of time to come hopefully we'll be finished by the end of the weekend

Cheers
Paul

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2022, 08:22:57 AM »
Wow, Paul! That fabric effect is exquisite!!
Zac in NZ

Offline DaddyO

Re: Fokker V3 prototype 1/72 Eduard (sort of)
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 09:54:13 PM »
Cheers Zac  :)

Rigging was monofilament through the wings

Bit of disaster whilst painting - the model dropped from my hand onto the laminate flooring  :o Fortunately the strength of the model was such that apart from snapping off the elevators and rudder I'd only loosened one of the U/C joints. A couple of small repairs that were easily fixed giving the TaDa moment -

Here are another couple of views of the finished model. I'll add some with it's new base on the finished forum later
Thanks for the support and following along
Paul