Author Topic: Hello from the USA  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Luftace

Hello from the USA
« on: August 18, 2022, 10:15:11 AM »
Hello guys

I've been a modeller for many years now, mostly building WW2 aircraft in 1/48 and dabbling some times in 1/35 armour. Japanese aircraft is my primary subject of choice. That being said, from a research and modelling perspective, I see WWI aircraft modelling as a similar challenge, in that information can be very difficult to come by, especially when it comes to things such as colors and certain details of long extinct aircraft. I usually enjoy the challenge of trying to dig up bits of obscure knowledge and piece things gleaned from my research together to help get a better picture of any given subject.  Anywho, I have long been a bit of a lurker here and have only recently tried my hand at my first WWI aircraft model. I have many questions and will be duly posting those enquiries in the appropropriate sub forums. I may even do a build log of my current model, who knows. I look forward to interacting with all of you and sharing in this wonderful past time of ours.

All the best

Chad

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Hello from the USA
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 10:28:38 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Chad

You'll find the world's biggest and friendliest collection of WW1 modellers here and happy to answer questions or point you to references sources to help with your modelling.

We look forward to seeing your builds too.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 10:51:17 AM »
Welcome Chad !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Luftace

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 11:02:04 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Dave and Alexis! I look forward to it and am writing out a list right now of questions to ask since is new territory for me.

Chad

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 12:18:02 PM »
........... and I'll bet you'll find the answers to most of your questions here Chad! Welcome to the Forum and the friendliest and most helpful members on the net. Enjoy the experience!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 05:19:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Chad.

You have come to the right place.

Cheers,
Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 03:35:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum Chad.
Japan had its own aircraft, Yokosuka Ro-go-Ko gata seaplane, Yamada airships, sail and kite balloons all indigenous. It purchased abroad aircraft before and during the war including Farmans and airships from Parseval, Astra Torres and Vickers. It got a bucket load as war retributions both from Germany and as surplus aircraft from the Entente. All make great subjects or alternative markings. A while back I made an Avro 504L floatplane with Japanese markings. You could still make Japan your primary interest in WW.I.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 10:11:54 AM »
Welcome aboard Chad! I have no doubt any questions you pose will be answered in short order by our brains trust!
Zac in NZ

Offline Monty

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 08:10:40 PM »
Welcome Chad! I'm sure you will have a great time on the site. Please feel free to post build logs of your creations, the feedback is always very positive and a great learning experience for us all! Regards, Marc.

Offline Luftace

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 04:37:46 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I can tell I am in great company here. I will be posting my first build log soon, just have to get some pictures taken. See you guys their soon I hope once I post!

Chad

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 12:27:05 AM »
I am a Little Late here Chad, but welcome from the NC. Mountains. We have already communicated regarding your Albatros Landing Gear question and I look forward to your build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Luftace

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2022, 10:27:04 AM »
Hello again RAGIII

Thank you as well for the warm welcome and the help you have already provided me on one of my current builds. I keep saying I am going to start some build logs, (I will, I swear!) I just need to tidy up my workbench a bit so I can get some decent pictures taken, as it is currently a bit of a mess with two projects going simultaneously.

Chad