WW1 Airshows and Model Shows > Model Shows

IPMS-USA 2022 National Convention

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stuart Malone:
There were 900 modelers with 2808 models at Nats this year.  I spent 3 hours in the contest room taking pictures of builds that caught my eye.  In total, I was able to get about 90-100 models photographed.  The room was very crowded!  Here are the ones I took of WWI armored cars and aircraft.  Please be patient, the images are slow to load from my public dropbox folder.

Stuart

pepperman42:
Wow!! How do you judge 1,2,3 with quality like that!!?

Steve

Stuart Malone:

--- Quote from: pepperman42 on July 26, 2022, 10:15:39 PM ---Wow!! How do you judge 1,2,3 with quality like that!!?

Steve

--- End quote ---

The quality of builds on all tables was insane.  My only guess is the judges had to borrow their grandchildren's eyeballs to spot the tiniest of flaws.  I entered my Millenium Falcon and Space airbrush, both of which I have posted here, and a 1/72nd scale tank.  I didn't get my Junkers J.I done in time.  I took it along to work on it but was having too much fun at the convention.  Here's a picture of the trophies my entries were awarded on my hobby table.

Stuart

pepperman42:
Oh no! Swing and a miss! You still won getting to see 2000+ models. I always find the best thing I take away from shows is inspiration...and maybe some swag...

Steve

Stuart Malone:
The best thing was meeting other modelers and vendors.  Almost all of them are just normal dudes like us who love the hobby.

Stuart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version