Author Topic: IPMS-USA 2022 National Convention  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: IPMS-USA 2022 National Convention
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 02:35:00 PM »
Some wonderful pictures - from those of us on the other side of the globe that one day hope to attend one of these events, thank you for sharing!

The FF.60 as I understand it took away a whole bunch of awards (best aircraft, etc).  It was completely scratch built by Steve Hustad, based primarily on photographic references. Steve is a stalwart of the WW1 modelling scene; he's been a bit of an idol of mine ever since as a teen in the 90s I spied his works in Fine Scale Modeler. His stuff is almost single handily responsible for my interest in small scale WW1 models :) He's an upstanding chap too. Now, to entice him over here...

In any case, here are some more photos of the FF.60, reproduced here with Steve's permission:

Cheers,

BC

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2022, 06:12:53 AM »
Just a reminder, this is 1/72 scale !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 12:16:06 AM »
Immaculate. On top of an incredible build the figure and water are perfect!!

Steve

Offline Stuart Malone

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 02:50:31 AM »
Thanks to Bob for reminding me to take my camera and I'm glad I could share them here.  Next year in San Marcos, TX, I will focus more on the WWI aircraft entries.  I had promised another group I would get pics from all the categories this year.  I don't think I'll be doing that again!  My back and feet were very tired.

Stuart