Author Topic: How to paint WW1 figures book due in August  (Read 2640 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Re: How to paint WW1 figures book due in August
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
I received my copy a couple of weeks ago.  Can't wait to put the techniques into practice!

Online macsporran

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 09:41:02 PM »
Got it on my Amazon Wishlist - hopefully my kids will get the hint in time for Christmas!
Sandy

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 10:20:40 AM »
Sandy, I got mine through Book Depository and it arrived in great time. Should be even quicker for you. It's a most impressive book.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 09:21:45 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2022, 03:53:43 AM »
So, I recieved my copy of Mikes book in the post yesterday.

First flick through is very favourable indeed! I especially like the images of real uniforms, showing the varition of colours – thus effectively killing any question on what was the correct hue  ;D
The re-enactment shots showing "real" soldiers wearing and using the uniforms and equipment is most enlightning. The step by step on how to paint faces and uniforms, convert figures are also very helpful! And for inspiration there are plenty of mouth watering finsished figures. Some of the faces of the busts are just incredible!

If you ask me you get a lot of book for the money.
I had trouble ordering dierctly from the publishers (They don't ship to the EU). A very helpful reply recomended me to go to "The Bookdepository" and order instead, which worked well.
And, they didn't charge me for the postage.

Congrats, very well executed Mike!

All the best!
/Mikael

Thanks for the great tip, Mikael. I just placed my order with the Book Depository and hope to receive my copy soon.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2022, 12:51:09 PM »
Received my book last  week and am about halfway through reading it. Absolutely brilliant, and am thoroughly enjoying the tips, techniques and technical info. For anyone wanting to learn more about painting figures, I certainly recommend this book.
Cheers,
Gary

Online macsporran

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2022, 12:01:28 AM »
Got it on my Amazon Wishlist - hopefully my kids will get the hint in time for Christmas!
Sandy

... and they did! Chris you are a star.

This book is wide-ranging and comprehensive. I shall absorb as much as I can - hopefully with beneficial effect on my future figure painting.
Sandy