Modelers Lounge > How's it going?

Missing in action

(1/2) > >>

Stuart Malone:
Fellow modelers,

I haven't been able to participate as much as I would like the past six weeks.  My father had quadruple bypass surgery.  He is the care giver for my mother.  My sister who lives 200 miles east of them and myself, living 200 miles south of them, have had to do some planning and coordination to be there to take care of both of them.  With a lot of sympathy and empathy for both our parents through the surgery, hospitalization, pacemaker, afib zap, special care, we got my father back home.  He's been on quite the journey but is now almost back to normal.

During this, I took a break from my usual 1/72 WWI aircraft to do two sci-fi models, one of them is part of a group build, the other for my son's armada of Star Wars ships.  I started them mainly so I had something to take my mind off everything going on.  Just a little bit of escapism a couple of nights a week.

I have been watching the in progress and finished builds, and to all who have posted during the month of May, they all were quite calming for me.  I took great pleasure in seeing your work.  Wonderful stuff, thank you for posting.

Stuart Malone

pepperman42:
Glad your father is on the mend. Make sure you take care of yourself too. Sounds like therapy is at hand ;)

Steve

Dave W:
Hi Stuart

It's good to hear your father's health is improving and I agree with Steve, you need to take care of yourself too. Model making is splendid therapy!

best regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

DaddyO:
Nice to see you back again Stuart

Paul

KiwiZac:
I can only echo what the others have said, Stuart - in fact I must have become part of the mod team after your father's surgery, so that explains why I'd not seen much of you.

I'm glad to hear things are working out for your father and that you have some self-care for yourself sorted. This Star Wars fan is quietly in awe of anyone who can paint models from that Galaxy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version