Author Topic: Tainan Kokutai Build  (Read 1668 times)

Offline WD

Re: Tainan Kokutai Build
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »
Well, this build is officially dead. Kaput. A mistake I made in fitting the cockpit in to the fuselage started a cascade of errors resulting in fit problems. I have a bad habit of scratching my 'skeeter bites till they bleed, and in that same vein, I tried to correct something wrong the instrument panels on each one (if I could just get it right here) and BAM! I dislodged both instrument panels. In trying to get them back in place I've scarred and bent them both beyond repair.

It's OK though, I've learned some really valuable lessons which I can take with me going forward (my plan for getting better) these will now be paint mules most likely.  I'll revisit these a/c again with new kits and a fresh start, etc. at a future date. To be honest, I've actually grown tired of looking at them and I'm hankering for something new and fresh to do.  Maybe drag my Nieuport 17/23's out.

WD

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2022, 10:57:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that WD, I hope you can be inspired to return to these at some point.
Zac in NZ

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2022, 10:25:15 PM »
No shame in the odd hangar queen. You came away with some valuable skill tests and improvements. On to the next project. I stalled on my WNW Pup restart so I went back to a 1/48 Tamiya 190F-8 that was 3/4 built. It has rekindled the mojo lost when I tripped coming out of the Pup gate. Keep going!! Pick a fresh one and go!!

Steve

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 02:54:35 AM »
Sorry to hear that WD.
I busted the canopy on an Eduard Bell X-1 for what sounds like similar reasons. It was put back in it's box and got condemned to the attic. You could start a new thread 'show us your paint mule'.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline WD

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2022, 02:20:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that WD.
I busted the canopy on an Eduard Bell X-1 for what sounds like similar reasons. It was put back in it's box and got condemned to the attic. You could start a new thread 'show us your paint mule'.
Alan.

Right now my paint mule are the wings and fuselage of an Academy P-51B. Arma Hobby thankfully relegated those dogs to the scrap heap.

WD