Author Topic: review quality  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: review quality
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 04:19:21 AM »
Dave,

I feel I must respond to what is going here.

Let me begin by saying that I am backing you 100%.

MasterKamera has been given ample opportunity to change his course and tone, but he has shown that he is unwilling to do that. On the contrary, his tone is getting more toxic with every post.

I think Des, looking down, is very proud of what you stand for and what you do to lead this forum in his spirit and honor his legacy.

MasterKamera's tone has bothered me from the beginning, but his last post made my skin crawl. All the members that responded to his posts have been helpful and kind, but this character has shown nothing but disrespect, and I wouldn't mind at all if he left this (OUR!) forum and took his sour business elsewhere.

Sandy,

Your comment made me smile. You are right, we shouldn't let this one man spoil our fun. I think he has been given far more attention than he deserves.

As we Dutch say: "ELMO!". That stands for "Enough, Let's Move On"  ;)

Willem

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2022, 04:31:56 AM »
Odd..the only thing he seems to be a master at is baiting people. Now if you want to be a master baiter that's ok but you usually end, as always, enjoying yourself alone. 

Steve
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 04:45:13 AM by pepperman42 »

Offline WD

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2022, 05:14:01 AM »
Touche' Pepperman.  :)

Des and I didn't always get along back in the day. I didn't always agree with him, or think he made the right decisions, but you know what?  It was HIS forum! Also, I think Dave and the other admins here, who have a thankless job IMHO, do an outstanding job. The membership here is ALWAYS willing to lend a helping hand, no matter the question or experience level.

WD

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2022, 06:11:26 AM »
Dang, That was a totally Rude reply. I have gone to great lengths to honestly answer his questions. The review I posted the link to clearly shows that it was unbiased, as was My build review. Thanks Dave , and all of the Moderators for all you do! On a positive note he makes Me want to get an Airfix EIII  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Borsos

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2022, 06:13:36 AM »
MasterKamera, you missed the point to get out of this without completely loosing your face quite a long time ago.
Without any kind of sarcasm: I think you need help. Get a proper psychological treatment or at least talk to someone in person. This internet thing isn’t any good for you.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2022, 07:41:04 AM »
I believe this thread has run its course and has outstayed its welcome. I hope my fellow admins don't mind if I lock it for further replies.
Zac in NZ

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2022, 11:21:15 AM »
Before we close this topic and move on to other modelling subjects, it’s timely to clearly state our Forum policy and approach to reviews.
Despite what one or two might claim, the Forum is not ‘in the pocket’ of any manufacturers, nor do we have any undisclosed deals to promote their products in return for free stuff.
Our reviews clearly identify which company has supplied the item to us for review, and our reviewers take an impartial approach to every item they evaluate.
Brad, Zac and Rick have all given excellent insights into their review approach.
During my journalism career I was involved in reviewing items for several decades – books, records, movies, DVDs and now model items. In all cases the review is written with prospective buyers in mind and addresses the question- is this item worth the money? Do I recommend it?
Our Forum reviews are based around the in-box look because that’s the common ground for all modellers- we open the box and inspect the contents before building. Some modellers are OOB builders, others insist on all of the aftermarket jewellery going. Some are happy with the kit as produced, others will use it as the basis for some creative conversions.
So the in box review is the starting point and the common ground for us all. Our Forum is blessed by having modellers who build straight from the box and others who show us what extra magic can be brought to these kits with aftermarket or their own creative talents. Between our reviews and member build logs and photo posts we cover the field.
Despite what the critics may feel we do not suppress negative comments about the items we review. The companies supplying review samples do so on the understanding we will be fair and impartial. Our reviews will mention a problem or deficiency in a kit if it is evident, but we refuse to pander to those who obsessively attack every new kit to demonstrate their superiority over the model manufacturer.
We have a forum review team to ensure members clearly see this is an impartial review and are not misled by ‘private’ reviews from people who endorse a product but do not disclose they may have a private promotional arrangement with the manufacturer, like the system operated by Internet Influencers who spruik products in return for freebies.
I am happy to discuss our review policy with members and we encourage members to freely discuss models they have purchased or traded. We do not look to suppress discussion of kits, new or old. But we feel all discussions should be open, honest and impartial.

Dave Wilson
Forum Owner & Administrator
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com