Modelers Lounge > How's it going?

This getting old thing....

(1/6) > >>

pepperman42:
Getting old sure isn't for sissies!! Lets see....after a failed eye surgery I went in for another more invasive procedure - all done with only local anesthetic - in which a surgical tube was implanted to reduce eye pressure. Various drops and pills followed for six weeks with follow up appointments an hour and half from home every week. As of two weeks ago pressure hadn't reduced much so to encourage the process the suture was removed - again with just freezing drops prior to - forceps, tweezers and a hook to remove the stitch. Before starting the doctor said " The eye is very vascular right now" which meant - the initial incision resulted in so much bleeding she couldn't see the suture...didn't matter I passed out.....She had to wait then, when I felt up to it, complete the procedure. Anyone's legs jelly or sqwidgy yet? All of this to maintain about 10% vision in my left eye. To top it off the pills I was taking gave me a kidney stone which had me in pain til I passed it. This Friday coming up - colonoscopy - if it's not one end it's the other.......

Steve

KiwiZac:
When I turn 35 in August and my wife weeps at how "old" I am, I'll show her this. I really feel for you Steve, what a series of awfulness!

Dave W:
Steve

If it helps, I cringed when I read your post so your writing rather accurately conveyed how you feel about these procedures.

You have my complete and total sympathy. As one who is also currently a work in progress by various hospital folk practicing medical procedures they learnt on YouTube or Google ( it feels like it some days) I completely sympathise with you.

So I go to the model bench to seek solace in the comfort of starting a new build... and a small part immediately pings off the bench on to the floor, never to be seen again.

best wishes for your recovery!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

pepperman42:
Thanks KZ and Dave, that part will reappear when you least expect it.

Steve

gbrivio:
Wish you all the best for your recovery.
Giuseppe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version