Author Topic: Builds on ww1aircraftmodels.com front page - Who?  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Gutzer

Builds on ww1aircraftmodels.com front page - Who?
« on: May 12, 2022, 10:21:18 PM »
Looking at the builds on https://www.ww1aircraftmodels.com/ it's not clear, to me anyway, who is the author. 

The builds are written in the first person and I'm wondering why there is no author mentioned anywhere...

Peter
Perth, Western Australia

"One must overcome the inner Schweinehund."  The Baron.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Builds on ww1aircraftmodels.com front page - Who?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 10:36:31 PM »
Hello Peter

All of the builds on the WW1aircraftmodels.com page are the work of the late Des Delatorre, who also created the Forum.

Des died in 2018 but we keep his website page going as a memorial to him and as a reference source for his excellent model making.

If you look at the bottom of the home page you will see a line that states the site is maintained in memory of Des.

Incidentally all of Des' models went to New Zealand where they are now in the collection of Sir Peter Jackson.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 07:27:47 AM »
Incidentally all of Des' models went to New Zealand where they are now in the collection of Sir Peter Jackson.
I didn't know that, how wonderful!
Zac in NZ

Offline Gutzer

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 10:05:52 PM »
Hello Peter

All of the builds on the WW1aircraftmodels.com page are the work of the late Des Delatorre, who also created the Forum.

Des died in 2018 but we keep his website page going as a memorial to him and as a reference source for his excellent model making.

If you look at the bottom of the home page you will see a line that states the site is maintained in memory of Des.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Excellent!  Thanks Dave for the info.

They are excellent models, and I hope Sir Peter looks after them...

Cheers,

Peter
Perth, Western Australia

"One must overcome the inner Schweinehund."  The Baron.