WW1 Aircraft Modeling > WW1 Aviation Figures

R.F.C. Pilot & Trophy 1917 vignette WIP

(1/23) > >>

phs Paddy:
I’ve had this white metal kit in the locker for some time and have been itching to have a go. So, in celebration of the opening of Des’ new forum I found the excuse I was looking for. The first image is where I'll be attempting to go.

(Updated to a better image!)

The following photo is of the figure’s parts minus the rudder. They’re now primed and I’m in the process of filling pin holes with Mr Surfacer.

Here I’ve started the colour coats on the rudder depicting an Albatros kite. The colour coats at this point were done with Tamiya acrylics after the prime coat. The yellow base coat is a mix I picked up from WnW’s Albatros D.V instructions for chrome yellow. The Balken Kruse (sp?) was done with two different masks I cut and you’ll notice that the white outline appears a little to the wide side. Just count that as artist license.  ;) Highlights, shadows and weathering will come a little futher along.

OK, so here we go with a small vignette which may qualify for the diorama section. Just remember that I’m relatively new to figure painting but all comments are welcome, but be gentle.  :)

Paddy

P.S. I know, I know. Don’t seem to be happy unless I’m working on more than one project at a time. 

keith_christie:
That is an interesting little vignette you have there Paddy, who is it by?

Nice start on the painting as well.

Best Regards

Keith

ta152c:
Splendid :)

Pete Nottingham:
A very interesting vignette Paddy, good luck with the painting.

Cheers

Pete.

phs Paddy:

--- Quote from: keith_christie on April 23, 2012, 01:07:50 AM ---That is an interesting little vignette you have there Paddy, who is it by?

Nice start on the painting as well.

Best Regards

Keith

--- End quote ---

Keith the company that marketed this figure is 'The Fusilier' out of the U.K. and  their packaging was marked  'The Great War 1914-18 & Trench Stores Accessories'. The figure size is 80mm or approx. 1/24 scale.  The stockiest I purchased from is state side.

Paddy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version