Author Topic: What would you like as the next Copper State Models kit ?  (Read 17192 times)

Online rhwinter

Re: What would you like as the next Copper State Models kit ?
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2022, 05:30:36 AM »
I would love to see a 1/32 Caudron G.4.

They have the work on the G3 in that scale already done, and they've done the G.4 in 1/48 scale already.

So hopefully they can pop out a G.4 in 1/32 without too much trouble.

Seems like a no brainer in the wake of the 1/32 G.3, but who knows.

Hm, Edgar recently wrote somewhere that a kit of a Caudron G.IV would not simply be a G.III with one more engine to it, but a whole new approach. And it would be a huge and, thus, expensive kit. And, given the fact that CSM doesn't make their money with 1/32 WW1 aircraft-models which don‘t sell all to well, but with their 1/35 armoured cars, there's not much „probability“ for a G.IV in 1/32th scale - unfortunately.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2022, 10:17:43 AM »
I would love to see a 1/32 Caudron G.4.

They have the work on the G3 in that scale already done, and they've done the G.4 in 1/48 scale already.

So hopefully they can pop out a G.4 in 1/32 without too much trouble.

Seems like a no brainer in the wake of the 1/32 G.3, but who knows.

Hm, Edgar recently wrote somewhere that a kit of a Caudron G.IV would not simply be a G.III with one more engine to it, but a whole new approach. And it would be a huge and, thus, expensive kit. And, given the fact that CSM doesn't make their money with 1/32 WW1 aircraft-models which don‘t sell all to well, but with their 1/35 armoured cars, there's not much „probability“ for a G.IV in 1/32th scale - unfortunately.

You are correct! He also said that the HBD1 Starstrutter would take 10 years to pay off the mold/ development costs. So we should be grateful that He/ CSM are planning to go ahead with that one eventually. For Me I am content with what he has planned and will develop at his own pace. I am looking forward to the Bristol Scout for sure. CSM is as good as WNW but we should remember it isn't much more than a one man show and doesn't have a Wealthy Benefactor  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2022, 03:31:18 PM »
Well said Richard and Rick!

I was drawn like a moth to a flame by the caption of this thread, and spilled my guts when asked what I wanted, but we have to be realistic.

I think what Edgar does as a one-man-band is absolutely great and we should admire him about it!

Willem

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2022, 03:29:58 AM »

I was drawn like a moth to a flame by the caption of this thread, and spilled my guts when asked what I wanted, but we have to be realistic.

I think what Edgar does as a one-man-band is absolutely great and we should admire him about it!

Willem
So what the three of you are saying is: I shouldn't suggest a CSM 1/32 Vickers Vimy kit after all?  ;D
Zac in NZ

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2022, 04:54:07 AM »
FE-8 , 1/48 or 32 scale

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online rhwinter

« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2022, 08:01:25 PM »

Willem

Nooooo, KiwiZac, got me wrong! Everything up to a Jumbo Jet is fairly ok! 😁
So what the three of you are saying is: I shouldn't suggest a CSM 1/32 Vickers Vimy kit after all?  ;D

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2022, 03:38:38 AM »
Nooooo, KiwiZac, got me wrong! Everything up to a Jumbo Jet is fairly ok! 😁
Well, that's two of us at least!
Zac in NZ

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2022, 04:12:06 AM »
Make that three, Zac.

I didn't mean it as harsh as it sounded. I'm still hoping for a HP O/400 in 1/32  :P

Willem

Online rhwinter

« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2022, 01:45:00 AM »
AVRO 504K
1 1/2 Strutter
SPAD XIII (late)

And don't you say „Roden will do those“: As I don't like „re-engineering“ kits, but simply want to build them, I would love to have those in CSM-quality (knowing this wish will stay a wish)!
But don't you get me all to wrong: I really like e.g. Roden's Siemens Schuckert SSW D.III and sure will buy their 504K, Strutter and SPAD!

Happy modeling!
Ranting Richard 😁

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2022, 12:32:48 PM »
Make that three, Zac.

I didn't mean it as harsh as it sounded. I'm still hoping for a HP O/400 in 1/32  :P

Willem
The possibility of that is not so far fetched.  There are some WNW molds out there that were on the verge of release when WNW went belly up.
Honor Necessity

Online KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2022, 05:34:05 AM »
I have to admit I made it as a jokey suggestion as a 1/72 Vimy is all I need, but a 1/48 could be fun for my purposes too.
Zac in NZ