Author Topic: Lexi's Repair Shop Open 24/7  (Read 2494 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Lexi's Repair Shop Open 24/7
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 08:48:08 AM »
Excellent work on the float Alexis! Looks Great. Damn you seem to have more damaged builds than the Average Modeler  ::) Looking forward to a fixed Nieuport Triplane Now!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 04:26:36 AM »
Thanks Rick , glad to have these repairs finally done . I have four more which need parts re-attached but this are my 32 ww2 birds . Oh  yes repair my Be2 as in the photo with the nieuport . Just noticed that now  :-[

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 05:17:20 AM »
Zac , what container ?  ;)
I hesitate to give it a name because when you name something it hangs around - that's how my sister and I ended up with cats when we were kids! - but I think of it as the Box of Broken Biplanes:
Zac’s Box of Broken Biplanes by Zac Yates, on Flickr
Two are models of aircraft owned by a friend while the trio of The Blue Max builds have great nostalgic significance because of the film! So all need some degree of repair and/or re-rigging when I work out a way to display or safely store them afterward.

There is a bit of a back story . I won this kit in a contest we had here on the site in honor of Des . This is a prize I won from placing which I was surprised . So it had a lot of sentimental value to me . So when I broke it , I was very disappointed in myself and it took a bit to get over that .
That gave me a catch in my throat. I completely understand why it's so important to get that one fixed. More power to you  :)
Zac in NZ

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2022, 07:35:05 AM »
Zac , nice Bluemax collection and I do hope this is inspiration on getting your's repaired . Would very much like to see them . I understand that connection , just some things which are the smallest have the most meaning to us . Thanks for sharing  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 07:49:33 AM »
Zac , nice Bluemax collection and I do hope this is inspiration on getting your's repaired . Would very much like to see them . I understand that connection , just some things which are the smallest have the most meaning to us . Thanks for sharing  :)

Alexis

You are Not Just Inspiring Zac. I also have decided My next project will be reviving MY McCudden SE5a that crashed badly  >:(
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 09:00:09 AM »
Fantastic Rick !

Very happy to hear that it has inspired you and also happy to hear that Lance was able to help out with some parts you need ! Good for you !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch