Author Topic: PostImages Tutorial  (Read 2172 times)

Online Davos522

PostImages Tutorial
« on: November 09, 2023, 01:52:21 PM »
After the first photos in my Nieuport thread showed up the size of postage stamps, RAGIII gave me the secret of how to strip PostImage's URL codes off the link, allowing you to gain a little more control over their appearance (thanks again, Rick!). The process may seem kind of involved, but like anything else once you get the hang of it the whole thing takes about fifteen seconds.

DISCLAIMER! There's actually a SimpleMachines plug-in available from PostImages that automatically inserts your photos directly from your post, but I'm so used to doing it from their website that I've never investigated it.

Go to your PI dashboard and follow the following steps:

1) Click either of the "Upload" buttons

2) Change the default "Do Not Resize" option to "640x480 (for message boards)" from dropdown

3) Click "Choose Images", then  "Photo Library" from dropdown

4) Choose your photo, then click "Add"

5) When photo appears in upper left, click the small clipboard icon next to "Hotlink for Forums". A blue notice will appear saying "Copied!"

6) Return to the Forum , and paste the code where you want your photo to appear in your post (and needless to say, the actual code for your picture will be different than this example!)

7) This is the really important step! Now delete the two URL tags (all the text shown in red in the enlargement above).

8 ) The final code, sans URLs, and, below, how the photo will appear in your post:

Happy posting!

Dutch
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 04:05:22 AM by KiwiZac »

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Re: PostImages Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 04:05:38 AM »
Great tutorial Dutch!

I use Postimage too, and it works really well.

Cheers,
Willem

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: PostImages Tutorial
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 04:06:52 AM »
Although I use another hosting service I expect this will be very helpful to a lot of folks so I've made it a Sticky. Thanks so much for sharing, Dutch!
Zac in NZ