Author Topic: And the winners of a Roden 1/32 Spad XIII Early kit are...  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: And the winners of a Roden 1/32 Spad XIII Early kit are...
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 07:47:44 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners!!

Thankyou to Roden for their generosity.

Looking forwards to some great build logs  ;) :)
Eternal Apprentice

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 09:07:04 PM »
Congratulations to the winners and Roden, I hope to see your SPAD build logs soon.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 02:04:01 AM »
Congratulations to the worthy winners! Very much looking forward to a build or two! Thanks to Roden! Marc

Offline Europapete

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »
Congrats to all who won! Well done. Regards, Pete in RI

Offline Edo

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 04:00:01 PM »
I am happy for the winners!
and also for myself, as now there will be some spectacular build threads to follow! :D
I already have my ton of popcorn ready!

ciao
edo!

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 06:57:08 AM »
I just wanted to let everyone know my Roden 1/32 SPAD XIII cI kit arrived yesterday morning and, yes, I thought I was smiling in this photo!
Roden 1/32 SPAD XIII cI by Zac Yates, on Flickr

As it happens the first WW1 model I ever built by myself was the Revell 1/72 SPAD XIII. I have very happy memories of flying it around my bedroom and, somehow, it survived the intervening years to be posed with my new Roden kit!
Roden 1/32 SPAD XIII cI by Zac Yates, on Flickr

My choice of markings was sorted pretty much immediately as the RFC pilot on the decal sheet, JD Hewett, went to Wanganui Collegiate School...which is in my home town! No-brainer!

A sincere thank you to Roden, Dave W and the forum for this wonderful prize. I won't be starting it for a wee while as I would like to clear the bench of (too many) started projects so I can give this beautiful kit the attention it deserves.
Zac in NZ

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2021, 03:35:25 AM »
I have just picked up my prize Spad including a very nice bonus.
Many, many, I really mean "many" thanks to you Dave for organizing this event and taking care of the proper packaging and despatching the models worldwide. Actually I have just realized mine is a real traveller having gone from central Europe to Australia and back! Dave, your commitment is very much appreciated!
Also thank you to Roden for kindly donating the kits.

I already have a plan to build it as a conversion to the late version with Polish markings. I know that the late boxing is planned but I did it once with Eduard 72nd scale kit and I think I can repeat it here.

Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2021, 12:35:06 PM »
Hi PrzemoL

I'm delighted the Spad finally arrived. Australia Post warned when I mailed yours and the other prize kits it would take quite some time for them to get to you because of global shortages of flight cargo space due to reduced aircraft due to Covid.

It gets worse. I mailed the Special Hobby prize kit to Kent this week and was told it would take more than a month by airmail to reach Denmark.

Worse than that, I sent a small package to Canada and was told I had just scraped in by the deadline. What deadline? All mail from Australia to Canada is now paused due to lack of aircraft capacity. My package sneaked in on the very last day mail for Canada was being accepted.

All of this means forum promotions and prizes are severely disrupted at the moment. I reckon a Sopwith Camel could provide a better airmail service than most postal authorities now.

As for the 'bonus' in the prize pack, all winners of Forum promotions receive a nifty shiny steel paint stirrer/ body putty applicator which is remarkably effective for something conceived as a coffee stirrer!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Kreston

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2021, 10:59:39 PM »
I did receive my SPAD in the USA several days ago.  It arrived safe and sound!  Thanks again to the Forum and to Roden for the generous donation!

I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2021, 12:56:39 AM »
I have not yet received my box, Dave already told me about some problems with AU mail reaching Italy, I am not in any hurry, I hope to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks again for taking care of this Dave.

Antonio

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 02:52:19 AM »
Congrats!!  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2021, 10:01:00 AM »
I'm on the verge of starting mine - it's a little daunting as it's been a while since I last worked with a large scale WW1 subject but I'd like to get some paint on today or tomorrow. Keep an eye out for my build thread!
Zac in NZ

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2021, 01:15:25 AM »
I received my box on friday noon. Everything's ok!
Thanks again Dave and Roden for this present.