Author Topic: Albatros D.V Control Stick  (Read 847 times)

mbittner

Albatros D.V Control Stick
« on: July 23, 2021, 08:41:52 PM »
As we know, the Eduard 1/72 Albatros D.V control stick is not accurate. What I'm wondering is if anyone with a 3D printer thinks they could print a few off. Sure, it's bound to be thin, but I have a number of 1/144 3D prints with thin parts so I think it's feasible. I doubt we'll ever see anything from any other aftermarket company. I have quite a lot of Eduard D.V kits so I definitely would be willing to pay someone to 3D print a whole slew of them.

In addition, maybe radiator pipes could also be printed for the same kit? Something Eduard completely left off their mold.

Thanks!

Offline macsporran

Re: Albatros D.V Control Stick
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 09:19:29 PM »
Hey! Do I recognise Matt Bittner from Allen Wright's WWI List? We used to converse back in the Last Millennium!!!
Welcome to Dave's excellent site - plenty of 1/72 expertise here as well as the larger scales.
Sandy Adam
Crieff
Scotland

Offline Europapete

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:32:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Matt! Regards, Pete in RI

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 01:12:30 AM »
Hi Matt ,

I think Shapeways will do it but I think you have to provide the cad drawings for them to do it . If they already have a file the can reduce it to your needs . I'm not sure but I do think they have a D.V control column .

Others will know more .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .