Author Topic: Need help using IMGUR for photos  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Big Sky Modeler

Need help using IMGUR for photos
« on: November 22, 2021, 07:34:57 AM »
I wanted to upload some photos of a model for the first time and have been reading and trying for a bit with little luck.  I thought I'd use IMGUR since it was free.  Photos are uploaded to the site but I'm not sure how to share them in a post here.  Maybe it can't be done with the free version?  Any other free photo sites that are recommended?

Offline Radarman

Re: Need help using IMGUR for photos
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 01:27:49 PM »
Hello Big Sky,
I use Imgur. It's quite simple to add a photo to a post. Go to the photo and copy the link titled "BBCode (message boards & forums)", then paste it to your post on the forum. You might want to resize the photo if it is very large, I've been using 640 x 480 to save bandwidth. I hope it works out for you.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »
    Here's the way I do it, and I'm no IT Wizard I can assure you!
    Assuming you've loaded your photos successfully onto IMGUR:
-  Select Images
-  Left click on the photo you want
-  Left click on the "copy" box on the drop down menu labeled "BBC Code, Message Boards and Forums"
-  Go back to your post and use the "Cntl V" function to insert it into your post. (you won't see your photo, just the code for the photo at this point. Once you "post" the entry on the Forum the photo will be there.
    Someone here with better skills then I may be able to explain this more clearly but once you try it a few times it will be a simple procedure! Imgur is simple, free, and very reliable, highly recommended.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Big Sky Modeler

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 01:35:09 AM »
Success!  The BBCode worked perfectly.  Thank you both for the information!