Author Topic: Time to weigh in  (Read 3085 times)

Online Dave Brewer

Re: Time to weigh in
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2021, 11:04:44 AM »
I'm delighted to read this Alexis, things seem to be going great for you now, and the really bright side is all that junk food money that can be reallocated to modelling supplies!
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2021, 06:51:29 PM »
Congratulations on your achievements and will. I'm facing the same trouble and the pandemics pushed me towards old passion for cooking (and taste checking+eating means double intake at every meal) and now I need to break free from food slavery. Thank you for sharing your experience, wish you all the best!
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2021, 10:00:03 PM »
Glad you've achieved this. It really is a light switch moment when you finally say to yourself - " I have to do this" Jan1 2020 was mine. My doctor put it bluntly - Do you want to enjoy a long retirement? With your family history of heart disease on both sides (damned Scottish wiring) if you don't lose that weight you will die" Even then I waited 4 months. When I stepped on the scale and it said "One at a time please" the number I saw was my light switch moment. Doing this in your sixties is tough so doing this when you're young is a wise choice. Don't ALWAYS celebrate with food. Don't ALWAYS mourn with food. Mostly it's NOT about society's perception of beauty it's about NOT feeling sick, exhausted, uncomfortable and sore. Feel good - everything else follows. 

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2021, 11:56:33 PM »
Fantastic achievement Alexis!
Hold on!