Author Topic: Suggestions for removing delicate resin prop blades from Pouring bliocks  (Read 708 times)

Offline RAGIII

Rather than continuing to Hijack the thread Alexis started for first time resin kit builders I figured I would ask this here. The Encore SE5a kit has some beautifully thin prop blades attached to heavy pouring blocks. The first time I attempted this kit i ruined the blades while removing. So all thoughts and techniques are welcomed! The first three photos show the "Most" difficult blades to remove!

RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gedmundson

Hi Rick - I saw the question elsewhere in the forum and also saw the detailed response by Prze. I have to agree 100% with his explanation of using a fine razor saw to remove the bulk of the resin casting block, then carefully slicing the remaining excess off with a brand new #11 blade. Sanding down to finish. Patience it the key! I've worked on many resin kits lately and this method works well.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Hey Rick ,

For the single blades I would do it the same way as removing the four blade to your question posted in my thread . Using the backside of a #11 blade and sourcing it free . Be a lot less sanding and flexing of the resin parts . Prze and Gary have very sound advice to your question .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .