WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Resin Kits

Anyone able to do an article on gluing resin kits?

(1/3) > >>

Dave W:
With the growth in the resin kit industry,. most notably in the 1/32 scale field, it's occurred to me many here ( including myself) may be novices at making resin kits and would benefit from and appreciate any tutorials on how to make a resin kit.

The best glue type and best glue techniques would be especially welcomed. Best primer. Any special techniques different to standard plastic kits?

There are several resin kits I'm tempted by but my knowledge and skills base in making resin kits is lacking, hence the idea of an article or post from someone skilled in this field.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Alexis:
I might be able to aid you in this Dave , what type of kit do you have in mind ...Old moldings or newer ones ?

I still have a few WW 1 resin kits left in the stash . I don't have any 32 scale , but I do have 72 and 48 scale subjects .

Alexis

Dave Brewer:
Worth noting that Dave Lockhead of the former Kiwi Resins produced a terrific work on this very subject still available on Kindle cheap as chips, or free to Amazon members.
Cheers,
Dave.

Edo:
this would be a very welcome thread

ciao
edo

kensar:
It may also be worthwhile to create a sticky thread with tips about building resin kits in general, not pertaining to any specific kit.
This could be a depository for such information with contributions from multiple builders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version