Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Spitfire story: The Few  (Read 2901 times)

Offline FAf

Re: Eduard 1/48 Spitfire story: The Few
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
Thanks Rick, Guy, Alexis and Stephen! Glad you like them. I too quite like the outcome of both models. They're still not the perfect model, so I guess I'll have to keep building in search of it. Maybe the  Copper State Models Armstrong Whitworth F.K. 8 that Guy mentioned?!

/Fredrik

Offline RichieW

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:22 AM »
Two of the most beautiful 1/48 Spitfires I've ever seen Fredrik. You can very proud of these, I hope Eduard release a Hurricane too. I have this double Eduard boxing and the new Tamiya in my stash. My intention was to build them last Summer for the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Like you I had many difficulties with the pandemic and stopped modelling until recently.

Richie

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2021, 08:53:59 AM »
 A beautiful pair of models Fredrik. Spitfires always draw my attention and these are certainly no exceptions, you've done a very nice job on both and the quality of the finish on both is truly outstanding. Your weathering, highlighting, and panel work is really impressive!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 10:53:48 AM »
Those Spitfires are wonderful Fredrik - such a nice pair of models indeed. The painting, detailing and weathering work is outstanding.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2021, 06:50:35 PM »
Very nice Spits! Great paintjob and superb weathering. Also the rescue of the ruined cocade is very good.
Bye,
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline FAf

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2021, 06:41:51 AM »
Thank you for your very kind words, Richie, Lance, Gary and Manni! They are much appreciated!

Richie - a Hurricane would be marvelous! Fingers crossed for that!

Cheers
Fredrik