Author Topic: Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Flashback/Toko 1/72nd scale,43 squadron RFC. Revell DR1  (Read 6856 times)

Online RAGIII

Fast progress, here Rick!

Starting to come together nicely.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave!
RAGIII

The paint certainly looks the correct shade Rick. A real shame that you will not continue to build in the True Scale though.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. Perhaps I was too quick to say "I won't" build anymore 1/72nd....it may be a while though  ::)
RAGIII

Such neat work, Rick! Good looking Dr.1! You are making 1/72 look easy, but I have to confess that after picking up an old 1/72 half completed kit recently, I know why I abandoned it! Regards, Marc

Thanks Marc but really Not So Easy for sure! Flashback gave the modeler a really nice PE part for the MG Butt. I was Amazed that I got it Folded perfectly! Then I lost it  :(
RAGIII

Great looking Triplane!
/Fredrik
RAGIII

Thanks Fredrik!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Fvdm

Great work Rick. Are there a lot of differences between the kits? I can see the shape of the horizontal stabiliser is different but the rest looks quite similar.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Really a great work. Sometimes I wish I would still be able to find motivation for the small scale models. And watching your progress in precisely one of those moments... Keep it coming, please :-)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

mbittner

I don't get on this forum frequently, but if interested, you can see the full build of my Strutter here:
http://www.internetmodeler.com/1999/may/aviation/strutter.htm

And 1/72 is still the best scale. ;)

Offline IanB

I'm impressed by the simple fact that you have decided to revisit the one true scale Rick! Never mind that you won't do it again, we will forgive you your heresy! The simple fact is, that there is nothing smaller on a 1:72 kit than the detail you would add to a 1:32 kit, so cut out the detail and save space!  ;)

Ian

Online Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
The Strutter is coming along nicely Rick.

This is a nuance of PC10 you don't see often on a model.

Willem

Online RAGIII

Thanks to all for the encouragement, it is certainly helpful! Matt, thanks for the link to your IM build. It has given me some ideas, especially in mounting the lower wings which I Totally failed  on. I tried several types of glue and the wings just drooped and fell off! In the box awaiting My next attempt, perhaps this coming week  8)

RAGIII
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:19:15 AM by RAGIII »

Offline WD

Thanks to all for the encouragement, it is certainly helpful! Matt, thanks for the link to your IM build. It has given me some ideas, especially in mounting the lower wings which I Totally failed at on. I tried several types of glue and the wings just drooped and fell off! In the box awaiting My next attempt, perhaps this coming week  8)

RAGIII

My problem with this kit is ensuring I get the angle right on the lower wings.
It vexes me!

WD

Offline lone modeller

Thanks to all for the encouragement, it is certainly helpful! Matt, thanks for the link to your IM build. It has given me some ideas, especially in mounting the lower wings which I Totally failed  on. I tried several types of glue and the wings just drooped and fell off! In the box awaiting My next attempt, perhaps this coming week  8)

RAGIII

Let's hope that you have better luck and more success next time Rick.

Stephen.

Offline Rip Van Winkle

Great job on both planes!

Online RAGIII

Great job on both planes!

Thanks. These two will most likely be sidelined for a bit as I am finally expecting the arrival of the Roden SPAD XIII any day now  :(
RAGIII

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Nice work. Is OOB 1/72 more relaxing on the one hand because not adding all the miniscule details isn't part of the plan but on the other hand more challenging just getting those parts that ARE there together?

Steve