Author Topic: FF-33E 1/48  (Read 16305 times)

Offline Fvdm

Re: FF-33E 1/48
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »
Nice job on the seat. The engine looks a bit rough but I'm sure you can turn this into a real nice engine.

Offline RichieW

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2021, 10:23:23 PM »
Hi Alexis, I'm a few days late to this one. Am following from here, looking forward to another modelling feast full of useful tips and techniques. I have my notebook ready!

Richie

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2021, 10:56:53 PM »
Thanks for the support guys and for tagging along .  :) Only yard work this week is cutting the grass then it's bench time !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2021, 12:46:01 AM »
A great Start, Alexis! The seats will be good... the engine is a disappointment but I'm sure you'll make it look a whole lot better! ATB, Marc.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2021, 03:56:37 AM »
There is quite a lot to do to improve the engine Alexis, but nothing beyond a few pieces of rod and some laminated and filed plastic blocks: nothing that is going to stretch you. However they will make a huge difference to the completed model.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2021, 12:13:40 PM »
Thanks guys , yes the engine did turn out to be a let down and I do have a white metal one which I might use instead . Nothing overly fancy will be done with the detail , needs to balance with the of detail in the kit .

I did make a bit of progress today . Floats are glued up and while that was drying inside of the fuselage has it's colour started and wooden parts ended up with their base coat . Everything is drying and will have some progress pic's soon .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2021, 09:47:18 AM »
So far this is what my hard work has lead me today . For the wood I started with a base coat of Tamiya wooden deck tan in the acrylic range . Once this set up over night the surfaces received a dry brushing on Tamiya flat earth . Left this dry for a few hours while I had a nap . The surface was then rub with a pencil crayon and this was all sealed with a few coats of Tamiya clear yellow with just a touch of clear orange . Setting this aside I started getting the floats put together . There is a few spots which will need filling , but it's not bad in this area . What bits my rear and not in a good way is the sink marks which need taken care of . Worst being on top of the floats .

I found my Datafile on this type but it has no info on the cockpit so I have no idea if this is even accurate so I'm just following what the instructions are calling out for the colours .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2021, 09:47:43 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2021, 09:48:05 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2021, 09:48:32 AM »
 :(
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2021, 10:39:14 PM »
Looking great Alexis!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RichieW

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2021, 12:00:03 AM »
Always loved your wood painting effects Alexis. We've all been a bit spoiled in recent years by kits with parts that actually fit, no ejector pin marks and no sink marks. I remember as a child wondering what colour I should paint all those recessed circles on my models!

Richie

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
Great work, Alexis. Hard kit to build you have but I amconfident you will achieve great results.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2021, 08:29:04 AM »
Excellent work in all aspects, Alexis.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2021, 11:42:11 PM »
Hey , Thanks guys ! :)

Richie , those circles I remember very well , I couldn't stay in the lines when colouring ...couldn't do them either , but yet I could put together a barbie outfit in the bash of an eye !

We have been spoiled with fewer injector pin makes and gifted with better fitting kits and they are only going to get better !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch