Author Topic: What's the Rush! - Opinions Please!  (Read 2229 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: What's the Rush! - Opinions Please!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 11:39:40 PM »
My biggest failing in model building is stopping at the point where I say " Ugh I don't want to do that right now (insert seam work or canopy masking here)" then coming back to it and saying " Ugh I don't want to start there"

Steve

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 07:15:11 AM »
Me, I started building together with my pals from the neighbourhood, I was 10 years old then. Now at 52 I reckon I am the only one from that group who still builds. I recognise syndrom of addiction, I have to spend at least a couple of minutes daily at my bench, but usually it is more then this. Still, I do not rush, covid did not change my recent average of 2 to 2.5 months per model. And I almost always focus on one model not starting a new one until the one on the bench is completed. And still my favourite moment of each build is when the finished model goes to my cabinet. There I have the models from last 20 years, 170 pieces, WW2 72nd scale about 80 (I was faster with them 3 weeks per one but it was more than 10 years ago), WW1 72nd scale - 55 and WW1 32nd scale - 35, including 29 WNWs.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline WD

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 11:31:49 PM »
I'm the slowest builder in the world. I've got an off-topic batch build of two a/c that have been ongoing for two or more years now.
- My modeling time keeps getting interfered with due to household duties such as house maintenance that's due (roof, porches, paint, etc.) maintaining a vegetable garden from April - October, yard work (I've been mowing/weed-eating 3+ acres now for the last 20 years), housework, etc.
- The last fifteen years have seen my work as a teacher/instructor really interfere with my modeling time.  Being on stage all day in front of students, and then the associated paperwork trying to prove to higher-ups that you actually do your job, etc. is just draining mentally, spiritually, and even physically. I can remember doing field ops when I was in the infantry and armor for days/weeks in the field, I've done factory shift work, etc. but I've never been this exhausted.
- Sunday afternoons seem to be my only time for the workbench. After church today, buying SWMBO brunch, and a couple of errands, I'll get to the bench.

If we're having fun, I don't guess it matters.

WD