Author Topic: P-38J / P-51B Completed  (Read 3282 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: P-38J / P-51B Completed
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 11:21:07 AM »
Great to see both of these finished Alexis! I am so glad you went back to them. The P38 looks great in spite of any issues. Perhaps you will find a replacement canopy someday! The Mustang also looks fabulous! Well done on both!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 05:09:27 PM »
They look lovely Alexis!

Your list of woes on the P-38 sounds like my every build! Doesn’t show though  ;)

You said you had the Tamiya version in the stash? Is that going to get an outing?

Guy

Ps do you display your models? If so - Have you a pic?!
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 05:11:14 PM »
Well done, YOU!
Congratulations on a brace of fine builds  8)

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »
Lovely pair of classic planes, very well done.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 08:53:57 PM »
Nice to see them both completed. Yes, it is always great to get to the happy end with a project!
So now what - something more WW1-ish?  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 09:43:28 PM »
Thank you all so very much !  :)

Rick , in the Tamiya kit their two different canopies so when i build that one I might be able to use those parts .

Guy , will be awhile before I hull out the Tamiya kit and tackle it . I display my joys of beauty , will get some pic's up later for you  ;)

Prze , after the FW 190 will start another WW1 build but in the mean time I will finish off the Pfalz D8 . I did start the rigging and have the cab struts done after three attempts  the frustration was building up again and I made a boo-boo and now have some clean up before I can continue with it .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 10:33:24 PM »
Prze , after the FW 190 will start another WW1 build but in the mean time I will finish off the Pfalz D8 . I did start the rigging and have the cab struts done after three attempts  the frustration was building up again and I made a boo-boo and now have some clean up before I can continue with it .
Alexis

Great to hear you overcame problems. I am looking forward to see the progress on D.VIII  :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2021, 04:29:33 AM »
Good to see them both finished.  Very nice work, Alexis.  I have a P-38 shelf queen, but there's a B-25 calling my name from the stash.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2021, 05:21:40 AM »
Lovely work, Alexis!

My favourite is the Mustang

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 08:36:25 AM »
Prze , I look forward to it as well ! ;)

Thanks Ken  :) Hope that one day you are able to get your P-38 done . Which kit is it ? I have two B-25's in the stash . Monogram's kit and the Accurate Miniatures B-25B .

Thanks Dave , you have good taste ! :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 09:42:24 PM »
Hi Alexis.  My P-38s are 1/72 Hasegawa Pacific Aces kit (2 planes).  Just barely started one of them, making the older version P-38 (the parts are in the box for it, but the intended models are the later version).
The B-25 is the new tool Airfix 1/72 Doolittle Raider version.  I waited over a year for it to be released.
Currently, however, I'm working on another 1/48 sailplane and a Minicraft 1/48 Beechcraft Bonanza.  Some people may wonder why I spend time on older, lower quality kits, but I build what I want to.   ;)

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2021, 05:13:46 AM »
Well done Alexis - those models look superb. I have to admit I'm a big fan of the olive/light grey schemes these aircraft had. Congrats on a couple of real winners!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2021, 07:22:16 AM »
Thanks Gary , I'm a fan of the olive over light grey and still have one more scheme in the decal stash and I'm getting the Mustang itch again .

Ken , I built the Hasgawa 72 scale kit when it was first released . For it's time it's not a bad kit . Also built Dragons as well and that was a battle !

The Airfix kit of the new tooled B-25 is a nice kit . Too small for my eyes now but from build threads online she is a nice kit  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »
Good to see these two in your display cabinet rather than on the shelf of doom Alexis. Never mind your lovely pet deciding that he wanted to help - another modeller had a similar problem with his moggie and a superb Phantom that he had almost finished!

Both models are well up to your usual standard, and I am sure that the canopy problem can be resolved in the future.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2021, 10:35:26 PM »
Thanks Stephen ,

I'm sure Sieben will do it again , hasn't been the first time he has done this . Down the road I will find the canopy parts even if they are clear vac one .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch