Modelers Lounge > The Nostalgia Board

Back to the glory days of the hobby

<< < (2/4) > >>

ermeio:
well, I have bought some of these old memories lately and I have them here
 (some others are stored elsewhere, so I cannot access them in these lockdown days),
so let me share them with you:

macsporran:
I remember buying all the Aurora models: they were responsible for my WWI addiction!
But that Fokker D.VIII caused me much grief. I meticulously hand painted lozenges on the wing and axle fairing just like Joe Katula's box art, only to find later that it was wrong and had to repaint green - which was probably also wrong!
Sandy

dr 1 ace:

--- Quote from: macsporran on March 18, 2021, 05:17:02 PM ---I remember buying all the Aurora models: they were responsible for my WWI addiction! ...

Sandy

--- End quote ---

Same for me on the Aurora kits and then WOW when Revell released the 1/28 Dr.I, Got one of the 1st Kits with Flying over the Trenches Box Top Art Work, inside cardboard dividers for the parts and super thick silver metallic thread.

Ed

Brad Cancian:
Great thread Dave!

As a child of the 1980s, I only really got into the hobby around 1990. For me the 'glory days' are a little different, but no less meaningful for me as an adult modeler. These were the days of the airfix palitoy box tops, matchbox 'hockey stick' boxes, revell 'slap-dash poorly built model on the front (bits in the wrong place optional)' boxtops, etc.... But I still fondly remember certain kits and series. I fondly remember building many of the Airfix special edition 1/72 kits. I also remember being blown away by the DML / Dragon kits of the early 1990s; the box tops had evocative and inspiring paintings for a 12/13 year old. I remember these so fondly that I have collected these over the years.

I still look back fondly on those glory days; indeed they inspire me even now! :)

Cheers,

BC

pepperman42:
All those oldies. Thanks Dave!! Had 'em all and have re-acquired most of them. We had a couple of hobby shops in Toronto but what I remember most is the family Saturday trip to Yorkdale mall and the stacks of Revell, Monogram and Aurora kits in the Eaton's lower level (You know, right across from the barbeques and bikes). Those were the days a ten year old could wander the aisles with no fear!!! Nostalgia aint what it used to be.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version