Modelers Lounge > The World of Scale Models

Trumpeter 1/32 A-6A Intruder

(1/5) > >>

jeroen_R90S:
Not sure how much interest there is in one of these, using the magic of propellerless flight and only a single set of wings that can be folded up! :)

But here's what I'm up to:
3 bomb racks holding 6 bombs each... and each bomb needed lots of filler and improvements to get them somewhat better... (a far cry from the four Cooper bombs under a Camel for sure!)

Kit cockpit with improvements:

Seats were the wrong type, most of this is from Evergreen card, copper wire, etc, only the basic seat frame (virtually invisble except for the headrest) is scratch build.

and lots of other details that needed changing, such as lumps, bumps, wing navigation lights, wrong details on the fuselage, etc etc.
It will eventually be done a VA-65 aircraft flying off USS Constellation in the Vietnam war. (1966).

Jeroen

petrov27:
One interested person here at least - I am cursed with an interest in many eras of aviation and the A-6 has always been a favorite. Also assisted with some decal artwork for an aftermarket set for this kit a few years back.

What you have done so far looks great - the early seats especially. This is a really nice kit only with some version mix ups - the lumps and bumps you mention - but not very difficult to resolve.

Alexis:
Hey Jeroen ,

I will be following along as you make progress on this ...how do they put it ! ...Oh yeah !!! Sucker . I have only only built one jet . Hasegawa's 1/72 F-18 .

Super job on detailing the bomb rails , bombs , cockpit and those seats are little gems ! Really some great modelling here  :)

Alexis

Edo:
wow this will be huge when fineshed!
very interesting build!
ciao
edo

RAGIII:
Your work to date looks excellent. This is a Huge Model and should be Very Impressive when completed!
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version