Author Topic: Long Shot Request: PE from Copper Sate Nieuport Vickers Needed  (Read 1355 times)

Offline RAGIII

Long Shot Request: PE from Copper Sate Nieuport Vickers Needed
« on: January 30, 2021, 04:03:53 AM »
I know this is a long shot but.... Having tried several ways to get a Gaspatch Vickers to fit My current SPAD I gave up. The Copper State Vickers is a step or two up from the Roden offering and I can Make it fit. That being said the Spare included in the early version had No PE for the front. It is part P6 in the 23 kit and not sure about the number in the 17 late version. If anyone used a Gaspatch Vickers or didn't use the Vickers at all for some reason and has the PE part I would greatly appreciate the help!
Thanks For Looking and PM Me if you can help!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Long Shot Request: PE from Copper Sate Nieuport Vickers Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 05:09:57 AM »
I can't find the instructions online, what is the part? I may have an alternative from a different Vickers gun kit - I seem to have a collection...

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 05:21:05 AM »
I can't find the instructions online, what is the part? I may have an alternative from a different Vickers gun kit - I seem to have a collection...

Richard

It is the end cap with the small divider in the middle for the Vickers, Thanks Richard!
RAGIII

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 05:28:47 AM »
Like this?:

Richard

MORE: That looks like a French gun judging by the side venting and the hole at the top for the Alkan gear

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 05:45:28 AM »
Like this?:

Richard

MORE: That looks like a French gun judging by the side venting and the hole at the top for the Alkan gear

Yes that is the part needed!
RAGIII

PS: At this point I can't be too picky about French vs British. The Roden kit represents the French gun also and the CSM one will work. As the French built the ones used by 19 I am not totally sure which gun they used anyway  ::)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 05:49:38 AM by RAGIII »

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 05:56:30 AM »
I'll check my Nieuport Datafiles, it's likely to be the French one with the Alkan-Hamy synchronising gear. If so, the gun should have a spring on the front above the muzzle

I have an etched part from the PART Poland bits for a Camel F1. I can't load photos at the moment, it's part 95 in step T here:

https://www.jadarhobby.pl/part-s32030-132-sopwith-camel-f1-academy-p-13242.html

Richard

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 07:35:17 AM »
I'll check my Nieuport Datafiles, it's likely to be the French one with the Alkan-Hamy synchronising gear. If so, the gun should have a spring on the front above the muzzle

I have an etched part from the PART Poland bits for a Camel F1. I can't load photos at the moment, it's part 95 in step T here:

https://www.jadarhobby.pl/part-s32030-132-sopwith-camel-f1-academy-p-13242.html

Richard

That should work Richard. I will send a PM with My address and you can let me know shipping charges or any other cost.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 06:48:51 AM »
Thanks to Richard for his quick and generous response! That being said while looking for something else I found a partial PE set from PART for the NIeuport 28. Guess what I had two of  ::) All is well now and I have already attached the PE to the Copper State Vickers!
RAGIII

Offline Vickers

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 07:04:30 AM »
Thanks to Richard for his quick and generous response! That being said while looking for something else I found a partial PE set from PART for the NIeuport 28. Guess what I had two of  ::) All is well now and I have already attached the PE to the Copper State Vickers!
RAGIII

Where do you get your PART sets? Direct from Poland? I used to find them on eBay, but I seldom see the N.28 set in 1/32nd. I sure wish Aviattic would repop some more of their cowlings.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »
RAGIII

Where do you get your PART sets? Direct from Poland? I used to find them on eBay, but I seldom see the N.28 set in 1/32nd. I sure wish Aviattic would repop some more of their cowlings.

Yes, Direct from Poland via Jadar Hobbies.
RAGIII

Offline Vickers

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 08:14:32 AM »
Cool, thanks!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."