Author Topic: Fokker D VIII 1/48  (Read 1158 times)

Offline lascar

Fokker D VIII 1/48
« on: March 11, 2021, 03:42:28 AM »
Ok, I'm going ................
Not easy as a job in early aviation.
I had this kit in my stock, bought on another forum. I noticed that the full wheels were missing so I still have to make the wheels with spokes ......
For the cockpit everything is in PE so very fragile but very thin. I lost the rudders, god only knows where they are, buried in the carpet ????
In any case we do not see them. So dead end.
For the painting, it's a bit like I feel it: tube in blue gray, wood, aluminum ...................
On the other hand where I am very disappointed it is at the decal level. I took part of it for the inside of the pilot station and I realize that they are super fragile. They break very (too) easily. When I think I have the whole wing and fuselage to cover, if anyone knows of an aftermarket that holds the road let them wave.
I hope I will be able to finish with this kit ......................
Here are some photos :

Well, the galley to align the masts ........... We will have to recover !!!!
good it stays like that. It is a kit to make the hand.

And with the decal !!
I will stop it now .I will beguin an other model more seriously ...........

Offline Borsos

Re: Fokker D VIII 1/48
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 04:29:54 AM »
C‘est tres bien pour un premier fois!
Nice start on your first try. Just give it a chance and finish it. You‘ll feel better  :)
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 05:54:22 AM »
That is superb modelling. The wire wheels are just so realistic - far better than my attempts to make some. The transfers may be driving you mad but do persevere because this has the makings of a stunning model.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 08:34:02 AM »
Eduards first run of kits aren't that easy . You handle this so far very well .  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »
The Old original VIII kit is not an easy build ! What you have done to date is very nice, especially those wheels. I am impressed by anyone that can get this kit to the point that you have!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler