Author Topic: Will Eduard do new 1/32 kits in the future?  (Read 4123 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Will Eduard do new 1/32 kits in the future?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 05:40:23 AM »
Personally if they were to step up their releases in the WW1 market I would like to see them go after some 1/72nd 2 seaters. The choices in that scale for injection Molded kits are limited. JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline WD

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2021, 09:11:16 AM »
Personally if they were to step up their releases in the WW1 market I would like to see them go after some 1/72nd 2 seaters. The choices in that scale for injection Molded kits are limited. JMHO,
RAGIII

If they did that, I'd take out a loan.  ;) ;D

WD

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
Hi thanks
I hadn’t thought of the effects on 48 scale.
If the WNW moulds re enter the market- is a big ‘if’ but  understand the uncertainty it creates. Maybe only Peter Jackson could answer this- and that ain’t going to happen. For me personally the WNW spell has lifted- still a shame though they folded.

It’s funny how the market prices go. I passed up a an Abatros B11 at over 50% off at WNW and Weta sale. Now they are going for 3 to 4 times RRP. Go figure!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 11:46:43 AM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
PS
I recently bought Special Hobby Bristol Bullet and Fokker D11. Haven’t made them yet but they look very nice in the box- and didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Bring on the new Roden and CSM offerings! (Oh and also the new Fried F33)

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2021, 01:59:05 PM »
As far as the 'big, familiar subjects, I see potential for better versions of the Albatros DII and DIII in 1/32.   If the WNW molds were to re-appear, the SE5a should get a Viper version or someone could do a Viper conversion.  The better DIII could also result in an Austrian version as well.  Second tier subjects, the Hanriot which Eduard did in 1/48 and the Halberstadt DIII and DII.  Two seaters worth doing would be the BE2c and BE2e, Breguet 14B2 and 14A2, Albatros CIII or CVII.  Esoteric but worthwhile (for me) would be the LVG C.II, Aviatik C.II, Voisin LA 3 or LA5, and the Martinsyde Elephant.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 08:19:07 PM »
As far as the 'big, familiar subjects, I see potential for better versions of the Albatros DII and DIII in 1/32.   If the WNW molds were to re-appear, the SE5a should get a Viper version or someone could do a Viper conversion.  The better DIII could also result in an Austrian version as well.  Second tier subjects, the Hanriot which Eduard did in 1/48 and the Halberstadt DIII and DII.  Two seaters worth doing would be the BE2c and BE2e, Breguet 14B2 and 14A2, Albatros CIII or CVII.  Esoteric but worthwhile (for me) would be the LVG C.II, Aviatik C.II, Voisin LA 3 or LA5, and the Martinsyde Elephant.

Well said Captain Slower. An updated Albatros II & III would be well received I’m sure, as well as others mentioned.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 05:39:43 AM »
I have a love/hate relationship with Eduard! 

They do things that make me happy, they do a lot of things that make me very angry.

On the whole, I would welcome an Eduard 1/32 WWI project for sure.

I would be unlikely to buy any WWI kit in a scale smaller than that, with maybe 1 or 2 odd exceptions.

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 03:10:04 PM »
Take everything I say here as my own opinion and somewhat uniformed at that.  I've been out of the game for ages and have a stash and a half to get through before I commit to buying a whole bunch of new releases.
I built a few Eduard classics when I was modelling more 15-20 years ago.  The Albatross CIII, Sopwith Tripe, Pup and Baby...  But back then there was very little available in 1/48 scale, some Blue Max, some Aeroclub...
And then came Roden, bursting onto the scene with 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scale subjects that while not perfect, were build-able and with a little TLC, gave us some nice finished models.
Eduard plugged along, not releasing a great deal more in 1/48 until the Fokkers, Albatrosses and Camels.  All great kits that kept them going for ages with reboxing potential, and a bunch of WW2 subjects.
More recently, the Siemens, and the SE5as.
Their release schedule seems to be realistic...  and they don't seem to take a lot of risks.
I think, 1/32 is going to be a risk, and a risk I believe Eduard are unlikely to take readily.

Personally, I would like then to redo some of their classics in 1/48.  Redo the Sopwith Tripe, Pup and Baby.  Do them in the quality that they have done the SE5a (which incidentally was originally announced in the Early 2000s) and I believe they would be great sellers and would allow Eduard to embark on R&D and development of new subjects like the 2 seaters Captain Slower has mentioned.

Cheers,

Hugh