Author Topic: Fokker D.V, Special Hobby 1/48  (Read 5006 times)

Online NinetythirdLiberator

Re: Fokker D.V, Special Hobby 1/48
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 04:51:19 PM »
It's sinister and so cool!  I love the sweep back on the wing and the rotary engine spinning away...the bee's knees.

Well done...Dan

Offline Borsos

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 07:58:18 PM »
I expected much from this model made by your hands and I am in no way disappointed. You did a great job detailing this kit and bringing it to another level. chapeau!

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 11:13:38 PM »
Wow Frank , you sure know how to end the year with another one of your master pieces ..Wunderbar !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 10:34:08 PM »
Exceptional work on a very unique model - congrats on a beautiful build, Frank. This one turned out superbly, as always. The extra work you did on your display base makes it wonderfully presented.
Cheers,
Gary

Bughunter

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 06:39:09 AM »
Thank you Prze, Paul, Dan, Andreas, Alexis and Gary! Your nice words are highly appreciated!

The extra work you did on your display base makes it wonderfully presented.
I must admit, that this extra work was a click on the mouse button to buy this base <red_face_smily>. I don't have much experience in diorama building.
It is to big for my glass cabinet, but I want to use it as photo base. I selected the autumn version because of the nice realistic coloring (there are also spring and summer available).

Cheers,
Frank

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 08:35:03 AM »
Nicely done and nice base !

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Bughunter

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 07:49:52 AM »
Thank you Ed!
Nice to see you back, haven't noticed you for a while ;)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Monty

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 05:20:30 AM »
A really, really lovely build Frank! There is just so much you corrected, detailed and fixed, now it is a complete little masterpiece! ATB, Marc.

Bughunter

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2021, 10:59:17 PM »
Thank you Marc! I'm glad, that I was able to do it again :)

Cheers,
Frank

Bughunter

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 06:43:10 AM »
With my new outdoor photo setup (see Photographic section of the forum) I made new pictures of the last projects, which had only light tent pictures until now.

Here the little Fokker again:

And a b/w converted one:

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »
Are you saying this is a model ?

Yeah, right Frank...

Really?   :o

Offline ColonelKrypton

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2021, 12:53:35 AM »
Frank,

That is just marvelous.

I am going to have to try something similar, it might just help restart my interest in photography.

In the meantime, I played around with your B+W ( I hope you don't mind ). Yours is a nice image in itself but I have always found that period images have their own look and feel.

Cameras of the day used large negative film - 4x5, 5x7, 8x10 (inches) and various other sizes and prints where usually made by contact printing with the negative in direct contact with the photographic paper. The result was negatives with very fine grain and detail and the prints because of the common photographic printing paper tended more to the warmer tones ( i.e. brownish or sepia ). Also, many lens provided a very sharp image in the center of the negative which became less sharp towards the edges of the frame to effect that some produced a vignette effect ( i.e. darker round corners ).

As I search around the internet for reference images I am continually astounded at the detail available in some of these old images where presumably the negative has been scanned at high resolution. I am sure you have seen this as well.   

This example for example ( hint: zoom in ) https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51370738089_787437259b_6k.jpg

I spent some time messing around with your image using nothing more than Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Photos and tweaked your B+W image a bit to see what I could get. For what it's worth, this is the result:

cheers, Graham

Offline DaveB

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2021, 02:45:12 AM »
Awsome, Frank -

Great streaking painting

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Bughunter

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2021, 05:44:22 AM »
Thank you my friends for your comments!

Grahm, thank you for your long post!
I use the software digikam (https://www.digikam.org/) for editing, managing and archiving my photos.
Digikam has a powerful b/w conversion, you can select from around 20 different films, different lens and color filters. As I find a sepia and selenium filter to strong for my mild effect in mind I applied a platin filter. Finally I added a light film grain.
I tried some stronger effects, but as I want to have the model in focus I applied only some mild effects.

Cheers,
Frank 

Offline ColonelKrypton

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2021, 06:30:26 AM »
Frank,

I will have a look at digikam and see how it works.

Years ago I used to do a lot of B+W processing work i.e. film, chemicals, and darkroom work. Now firmly in the digital world I find trying to convert colour images into B+W to be very difficult to do so really well. There are some real masters but I am not one of them, not even close.

cheers, Graham